kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Looking at Marvel's upcoming slate, they're still going to be one of the biggest existing frachises for the next 4 years!

AoU - Assuming 450M

Ant-Man - $210M

Civil War - $380M

Doctor Strange - $200M

Guardians 2 - $350M

Spider-Man - $275M

Thor 3 - $220M

Infinity War Part 1 - $425M

Black Panther/Cap Marvel - $200M each

Infinity War Part 2 - $475M

I may be low-balling some predicts, and going too high with others. But just even looking at this, Marvel is going to be a monster for a long time.

• Like 1

Looking at Marvel's upcoming slate, they're still going to be one of the biggest existing frachises for the next 4 years!

AoU - Assuming 450M

Ant-Man - $210M

Civil War - $380M

Doctor Strange - $200M

Guardians 2 - $350M

Spider-Man - $275M

Thor 3 - $220M

Infinity War Part 1 - $425M

Black Panther/Cap Marvel - $200M each

Infinity War Part 2 - $475M

I may be low-balling some predicts, and going too high with others. But just even looking at this, Marvel is going to be a monster for a long time.

True. A few years after, reboot. Ha ha. The cycle begins again. lol

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

SM1 was the first major superhero movie and it had all the hype due to being the first..

Yeah no. I dount anyone had that mindset. Matter of fact werent most people expecting it to come in 3rd behind Clones and Towers? No one knew Spiderman 1 would eventually lead to a MCU, DCCU, FOXU, etc. Spiderman 1 was just ahead of its time, there was no "firstness factor."

Besides it wasnt even the first. Have you not heard of Blade, Superman 1-4, Batman 1-5, Xmen, Spawn, and the 90's rejects of Cap Am and F4? No of those were major? Superman 78 was one of the most expensive movies ever at the time, so yeah, pretty major...

• Like 1

True. A few years after, reboot. Ha ha. The cycle begins again. lol

I'd rather see a reboot 10 years down the road than see them try to do Phase 4,5,6,7 etc. Maybe I'll change my mind in a couple years... or maybe audiences will do that for me and stop seeing these types of movies...

• Like 1

Yeah no. I dount anyone had that mindset. Matter of fact werent most people expecting it to come in 3rd behind Clones and Towers? No one knew Spiderman 1 would eventually lead to a MCU, DCCU, FOXU, etc. Spiderman 1 was just ahead of its time, there was no "firstness factor."

Besides it wasnt even the first. Have you not heard of Blade, Superman 1-4, Batman 1-5, Xmen, Spawn, and the 90's rejects of Cap Am and F4? No of those were major? Superman 78 was one of the most expensive movies ever at the time, so yeah, pretty major...

Batmen breaking OW records again and again

A family of 4 will drop a $100.00 bucks like it's no big deal...

Ridiculous. Myself coming from a family of four, we don't have that kind of money to spend $100+ at the movies, and I don't know a lot of others who do.

• Like 3

Superman was awesome and started it all, IDKY it took so long to explode like this. In Happy Days they boosted ratings by having Fonzie jump over a shark. "Jumping the shark" Is now a Hollywood expression for a boost in ratings/revenue. That shark jump was a peak for the show. Mixing the SH's is just that. We are witnessing the peak of the SH genre. Now comes the long slow decline into oblivion like the western.

The sequels prequels and reboots will all start to look like spideys numbers

sm1 403

sm2 373

sm3 336

sm1a 262

sm2a 202

sm3a 175?

but OS is finally taking off so im sure they'll be shooting captain America in china, Thor in South Korea and IronMan in the copper mines of Latin America to keep the revenue flowing

Really Avengers so far has been the most decent at the beginning of summer last year was Spidey falling down and Neighbors opening good for an R rated comedy. Then 2013 Iron Man 3 and Gatsby were close together on Friday estimates and Gatsby opening at 50 million. But back to 2015 I have more hope for the later summer

Wish I had time to read this thread.    The Avengers roller coaster continues!

Is the lesson that the novelty factor of TA was bigger than some thought?    Is AoU really the normal for the franchise?  (And what huge normal it is)    Batman fans didn't realize that TDK was an outlier either.

Avatar fans...you watching this?

Awwwww bitches do you really think its gonna have a 28m Friday?

Cute. I love denial. Adorbbbbbss

23m.

B)   Noctis was on it before anyone.

$100m? Didnt we learn from last weekend?

Nah.

:D

Its good to get early guesstimates even if they are bit off. It gives us good perspective on the trend. Normally movies tend to go up but AOU seem to go down I guess bcos release is so saturated. Please keep giving us numbers.

:D  You should read this thread.    It's a rollercoaster.

US audience getting smarter at recognising when they are getting cashed in on with a poorer product, but the studios are lucky the international audience (more specifically China) havn't caught on. Just look at the drops in the Transformers movies stateside. If you want to keep making astronomical money stateside, you gotta keep the quality up or improve the film's. I think the majority of audiences thought Avenger 2 was a reasonable step down from Avengers 1 + many other Marvel movies. I know some don't.

Be at $300/$310m by end of the weekend. Impossible that it finishes below $430m? Seems to be dropping faster than IM3.

I once got a ban after I started a thread about this very topic (though I did use some strong language). I think Western Europe has also caught on, but Asia and South America are getting worse. Despite their economic rise, they are still provincial as hell culturally.

I once got a ban after I started a thread about this very topic (though I did use some strong language). I think Western Europe has also caught on, but Asia and South America are getting worse. Despite their economic rise, they are still provincial as hell culturally.

What?!!!

The World just wants to watch me burn.................................................................slowly.. :stretcher:

BKB keeping his expectations in check for AOU, and even being downright pessimistic... Now now quoting a DC/ Nolan movie? What is the world coming to?

No 100m 2nd weekend. Second best alltime for a second weekend in a row. The sky is falling!