Alpha

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: PP2 - $70.3M, MM:FR - $45.5M, TA2 - $38.84M

Wow, it never hit me that PP2 is ALSO Universal!! What a lovely year they are having, the big 3 (Furious 7, JW, Minions) going to do huge, but they also have PP2, FSOG, Ted 2.

• Like 1

Pitch Perfect 4&5 release dates are already set at Universal.

This is what I dont want to see happen. I think a third film would not only drop in gross because it would lack the original cast... less they found some way to Glee it forward, but that sounds like a trainwreck as a whole. If they really wanted to milk this, they shouldnt have progressed the story to the last year of college and explored the original girls college careersa little more.

Pitch hit the upper echelon of what anybody could have possibly expected for it. Its Saturday hold also indicates legs through June are a definite possibility and 200 could fall. May's real breakout, right here.

Fury Road also did well! And its Saturday looks good-- I hope legs keep it going for a while, given that it's the best film of the year and all

• Like 1

What multiple you guys see for MM? 2.9x-3.0x?

That depends. Given the B+ cinema score, I would say it should be able to get a 3X, but its one of those film that we wont really know until we see what happens going forward. I'm hoping WOM kicks in and it can make it at least to 150M... but thats going to be pushing it. 

• Like 2

Tough to say, there isn't much to model it against. Boring answer the weekdays will tell us more than this opening

• Like 1

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD opened with an estimated $44.44M this weekend.

Decent numbers, not quite as high as I was hoping but no dud either, lets hope it holds well.

Probably 3x at the most. Despite all this great buzz, it's still a fanboy movie. Plus, the outstanding reviews may have created a rush factor.

• Like 1

So :

Pitch Perfect :

Thursday : $4.6M

Friday : $23.2M (+404%/$27.8M)

Saturday : $24.7M (+6%/$52.5M)

Sunday : $17.8M (-28%/$70.3M)

Mad Max Fury Road

Thursday : $3.7M

Friday : $13.1M (+254%/$16.8M)

Saturday :$16.3M (+24%/$33.1M)

Sunday : ($11.3M (-31%/$44.4M)