kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

JLaw?

No. Her fans are just Hunger Games fans, they've yet to prove that they will turn up to everything else. Yes, Silver Linings Playbook was a big hit but that's just one film. House at the End of the Street was tiny. She's really unproven as a box office draw, despite her popularity. She simply hasn't done many movies, so we can't tell yet. :)

No. Her fans are just Hunger Games fans, they've yet to prove that they will turn up to everything else. Yes, Silver Linings Playbook was a big hit but that's just one film. House at the End of the Street was tiny. She's really unproven as a box office draw, despite her popularity. She simply hasn't done many movies, so we can't tell yet. :)

She's still a bigger pull than Pitt. She's incredibly popular and thus will be a pull.

Too bad for the lackluster BO for Tomorrowland, saw it yesterday and liked although I do get the 50/50 reviews just on Hugh Laurie's character monologue alone but I still liked how optimistic it was in the end. The visual effects and production design were really good so I kinda get why it was expensive

Too bad for the lackluster BO for Tomorrowland, saw it yesterday and liked although I do get the 50/50 reviews just on Hugh Laurie's character monologue alone but I still liked how optimistic it was in the end. The visual effects and production design were really good so I kinda get why it was expensive

I get why it's expensive.

There's a Disney logo at the beginning.

Cinderella only grossed 40M less, with no star power at all...

Yeah, but it was a better film . . . And Maleficent made more worldwide, which I attribute to Angelina Jolie. Angelina Jolie's biggest recent disappointment was The Tourist, and that movie really made no sense and didn't work on so many levels. She did, oddly enough, get a golden globe nomination for that . . . 

It was marketed as a princess movie, even though it was not.

As I remembered it, the marketing emphasized Jolie as Maleficent and that it was a retelling of Sleeping Beauty focused on the villain. There was little mention of Aurora. 

Certain actors are only a draw in certain films

The WIll Smith or Tom Hanks 100M movie streaks will probably not be replicated again. At least not across so many diverse genres of movies which were basically sold as a Will Smith or a Tom Hanks or a Tom Cruise star vehicle.

It s always the right actor with the right part that matters in the end.

Mega stars that had great runs with non franchises films were self conscious of that.

Anjelina Jolie and Brad Pitt won t give blockbusters numbers to their next small couple in crisis film and they are like the most famous stars in the world.

It s always the right actor with the right part that matters in the end.

Mega stars that had great runs with non franchises films were self conscious of that.

Anjelina Jolie and Brad Pitt won t give blockbusters numbers to their next small couple in crisis film and they are like the most famous stars in the world.

Yes, although Bullock delivered hits in a variety in genres since her comeback: 

The Proposal: romcom

The Blindside: drama 

The Heat: comedy 

Gravity: "sci-fi" thriller 

Yes, although Bullock delivered hits in a variety in genres since her comeback: 

The Proposal: romcom

The Blindside: drama 

The Heat: comedy 

Gravity: "sci-fi" thriller

Bullock is a box office queen as far as I'm concerned.

All About Steve, well, you deliver two megahits the same year, that can be forgiven.

Leo has not missed $100m in a 2000+ theater release this decade, and has only missed that qualification once after Gangs of New York (Body of Lies).

Edited by cory

Eh, I wouldn't go so far. Speed was a smash outside the US. While You Were Sleeping grossed over $100M outside the US (impressive for 1995) and a number of her other films like Miss Congeniality and The Proposal did $100M - 200M outside the US. 

The one who's a non-factor outside the US is Reese Witherspoon. None of her movies have hit $200M WW.