#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

A movie just made it on the Top 10 of All-Time list. You know how hard that it is to do nowadays? Kudos to TA2. 

Well it gets easier each year due to inflation.

Vin Diesel's latest Instagram post suggests he think F7 will beat Avengers and earn another 15 million to be the #3 film of all time. Is he right?

It needs to do that off a $2,687,075 w/w weekend so highly doubtful.

With that kind of multiplier AOU would make another $150m+ w/o Japan. :P

Vin Diesel's latest Instagram post suggests he think F7 will beat Avengers and earn another 15 million to be the #3 film of all time. Is he right?

Universal will fudge the numbers if they have to or do a re-release but no way universal doesn't get that number 3 spot ww

Universal will fudge the numbers if they have to or do a re-release but no way universal doesn't get that number 3 spot ww

Agree. I see Universal re-releasing it in several OS market (a la Avatar getting a push to 2B OS) to get to $1.520B. There's so much boasting and accolade that FF7 will have when they get the #3 spot WW to go with their #3 OS. No way they're going to let it get away.

Edited by Queen Shar

I think the fundamental thing to bear in mind is that studios care about these things much less than you do.

No, they care way more. Especially since they're all competing with one another to be #1 every year.

Agree. I see Universal re-releasing it in several OS market (a la Avatar getting a push to 2B OS) to get to $1.520B. There's so much boasting and accolade that FF7 will have when they get the #3 spot WW to go with their #3 OS. No way they're going to let it get away.

Sheesh. I hadn't realized that studios could and likely do re-release movies OS. It makes measuring first-run WW grosses that much more difficult. How is it even possible?   :wacko:  :unsure:

Sheesh. I hadn't realized that studios could and likely do re-release movies OS. It makes measuring first-run WW grosses that much more difficult. How is it even possible?   :wacko:  :unsure:

Avatar is the only movie I know they did the re-release with. It pushed it's OS numbers from $1.8B to $2B. 

Edited by Queen Shar
  • Like 1

Then why wouldn't they just re release TA? Maybe a double feature with TA2 or Infinity Wars or whatever?

The absolute last thing Disney wants to do is report more money for Avengers, lest they have to pay RDJ, Whedon, and friends more on the backend.