Blankments

DADDY'S HOME | 12.25.15 | Paramount

Writer/Director: Sean Anders

Co-Writers: Brian Burns, John Morris, Etan Cohen, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay

Producers: John Morris, Will Ferrell, Chris Henchy, Adam McKay

Distributors: Red Granite Pictures/Paramount Pictures

Synopsis: A mild-mannered radio executive who strives to become the best stepdad to his wife's two children, but complications ensue when their freewheeling and freeloading real father arrives, forcing him to compete for the affection of the kids.

Starring: 

Will Ferrell.............Radio Executive

Mark Wahlberg.....Real Father

Linda Cardellini.....Radio Executive's wife

Hannibal Burress...Handyman

Edited by Blankments
  • Like 2

A mild-mannered radio executive (Will Ferrell) struggles to become a good stepfather to his wife's two children, but complications arise when their father (Mark Wahlberg) arrives, forcing him to compete for the affection of the kids.

A mild-mannered radio executive (Will Ferrell) struggles to become a good stepfather to his wife's two children, but complications arise when their father (Mark Wahlberg) arrives, forcing him to compete for the affection of the kids.

Thank you. I was trying to find a plot synopsis but I failed. lol

So these are the Christmas Day openers this year if this schedule somehow stays put:

Alvin & the Chipmunks 4
Concussion (Will Smith NFL drama)
Daddy's Home (Wahlberg/Ferrell comedy)
Joy (Russell/Lawrence's latest collaboration)
Point Break (an obvious bomb but still)
The Revenant (limited bow)
Snowden (Oliver Stone's latest)

Yeesh.

Edited by filmlover

So these are the Christmas Day openers this year if this schedule somehow stays put:

Alvin & the Chipmunks 4

Concussion (Will Smith NFL drama)

Daddy's Home (Wahlberg/Ferrell comedy)

Joy (Russell/Lawrence's latest collaboration)

Point Break (an obvious bomb but still)

The Revenant (limited bow)

Snowden (Oliver Stone's latest)

Yeesh.

Why would Point Break be an obvious bomb? It looks good enought to attract general audiences even if fans of the orginal movie seem butthurt for some reason. I haven't seen it and my guess is if this would be an original movie people would have no complaints about that trailer, which looks amazing btw.

• Like 1

Why would Point Break be an obvious bomb? It looks good enought to attract general audiences even if fans of the orginal movie seem butthurt for some reason. I haven't seen it and my guess is if this would be an original movie people would have no complaints about that trailer, which looks amazing btw.

It has no stars whatsoever and everyone is going to be distracted by Star Wars and the other, more appealing releases. There's always at least a casualty or two over the crowded holiday frame, and that looks like the ultimate example of one.

• Like 1

It has no stars whatsoever and everyone is going to be distracted by Star Wars and the other, more appealing releases. There's always at least a casualty or two over the crowded holiday frame, and that looks like the ultimate example of one.

Star Wars opens 2 weeks earlier so theres enough time for the distraction to pass. And appealing according to who? That's pretty much the most appealing release that month. The other releases are mostly adult directed so my guess is PB will do good business with the young crowd. I am ready to bet at least 100M.

• Like 2

Star Wars opens 2 weeks earlier so theres enough time for the distraction to pass. And appealing according to who? That's pretty much the most appealing release that month. The other releases are mostly adult directed so my guess is PB will do good business with the young crowd. I am ready to bet at least 100M.

Star Wars opens 1 week before, not 2. Christmas is its second weekend.

• Like 1