Travod

Poopy Weekend Actuals: Spy 29.09, SA 25.84, I3 22.69, Ent 10.28, Only Movie That Matters 7.83, PP2 7.57

Tomorrowland posted an estimated $13.8 million in its third weekend of international release from 77 territories. The Disney sci-fi/adventure flick has now grossed $93.5 million after opening in all of its planned overseas markets and $169.7 million globally. Tomorrowland opened at #1 this weekend in Japan with an estimated $2.1 million, regaining the top spot for Disney after Cinderella lost her throne last weekend. China, the film's top performing overseas territory, tumbled 83% from its first weekend for $1.45 million and a disappointing 13-day total of $17.8 million. Tomorrowland's international breakdown: Russia ($7.4 million), UK/Ireland ($7.4 million), Mexico ($5.1 million), France ($4.9 million), Italy ($3.0 million), Germany ($2.7 million), Spain ($2.4 million), Australia ($2.3 million), Taiwan ($2.2 million), Thailand ($2.1 million), Japan ($2.1 million), South Korea ($1.8 million), Brazil ($1.6 million) and other territories ($30.6 million). http://pro.boxoffice.com/news/2015-06-07-global-report-san-andreas-hits-china-and-mexico-hard-spy-nets-565-million-overseas-tomorrowland-tops-japan-doraemon-still-surprising-in-china

• Like 1

Even China is rejecting TOMORROWLAND. MAD MAX: FR should have taken its place.

I am shocked that PK (a Bollywood movie with a very limited 2D only release) may beat Tomorrowland in China. How did the movie get summarily rejected literally everywhere? Disney's marketing seems to have just given up on the movie towards the end.

I'm saying it doesn't resort to CGI for everything. Pratt probably isn't even riding an actual motorcycle with the raptors.

Did you even look at the three GIFs I quoted? Were they supposed to use animatronics for those shots? How?

Edited by PDC1987

I'm saying it doesn't resort to CGI for everything. Pratt probably isn't even riding an actual motorcycle with the raptors.

Sorry, but that's pure nonsense. They used CGI to create dinosaurs. Just because you loved Mad Max doesn't mean every movie can be accomplished with minimal CGI use.

• Like 2

Sorry, but that's pure nonsense. They used CGI to create dinosaurs. Just because you loved Mad Max doesn't mean every movie can be accomplished with minimal CGI use.

Seeing before/after photos I wouldn't use Mad Max and 'minimal CGI use' in the same sentence.

• Like 2

This article uses some JW examples -- mainly because it's a current/upcoming movie. (The Terminator movie is also referenced). But the general points it's making stand. JW isn't the only offender, most modern tentpoles are. Discuss. :ph34r:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-expensive-films-end-up-with-crappy-special-effects/

404948_v1.gif

My crowd lost it in this scene. It is awesome. Haters gonna hate.

• Like 2

I read that article a while ago, disagreed with a few of its points, but mostly with the way it applied them to a movie with incomplete CGI. They took shots from JW's first trailer and treated them as if they're examples of finished CGI. That's just silly.

I read that article a while ago, disagreed with a few of its points, but mostly with the way it applied them to a movie with incomplete CGI. They took shots from JW's first trailer and treated them as if they're examples of finished CGI. That's just silly.

Most of the points, though, don't have anything to do with how finished the VFX are.

This article uses some JW examples -- mainly because it's a current/upcoming movie. (The Terminator movie is also referenced). But the general points it's making stand. JW isn't the only offender, most modern tentpoles are. Discuss. :ph34r:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-reasons-expensive-films-end-up-with-crappy-special-effects/

I mean this in a very diplomatic and polite way :

FUCK THIS ARTICLE AND EVERY WORD OF IT.

Good day.

:)

• Like 1