Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

C'mon, guys, this was just a giant mess of a movie. And it got more ridiculous and absurd as it went along... but it never really embraced the absurdity either, so that wasn't even much fun. I kept holding out hope that the much ballyhooed big final sequence would pick things up either, but it didn't.

This needed Joel, Tom Servo and Crow ragging on it in the corner. It was a MST3K movie with good VFX.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 13

I'm gonna be honest, I thought the much ballyhooed "greatest third act in recent history" was just a lesser version of the exact same thing we got in Godzilla last year. I thought the pterodactyl escape scene was far more compelling and thrilling. But I know I'm in the minority with that opinion. This movie was fine entertainment, because Pratt+Williams theme+dinosaurs+cool theme park= at least something entertaining, but really, I didn't see anything cool enough in this to separate it from 100 other blockbusters that didn't make half the money. And the original JP is in my all time top ten, so it's not like I hate the franchise.

• Like 1

C'mon, guys, this was just a giant mess of a movie. And it got more ridiculous and absurd as it went along... but it never really embraced the absurdity either, so that wasn't even much fun. I kept longing out hope that the much ballyhooed big final sequence would pick things up either, but it didn't.

This needed Joel, Tom Servo and Crow ragging on it in the corner. It was a MST3K movie with good VFX.

tumblr_inline_nehjt8S8Ck1s51bgi.gif

tumblr_n9kbawufUO1qitj3no1_250.gif

• Like 2

C'mon, guys, this was just a giant mess of a movie. And it got more ridiculous and absurd as it went along... but it never really embraced the absurdity either, so that wasn't even much fun.

Godzilla is guilty of this exact same thing and you gave it a pass. Cranston and ZTJ were characters that took themselves way too seriously given it was just a monster romp at the end of the day, despite the bullshit marketing campaign with Oppenheimer talking about the nuke (a callback to the themes of 1954 Godzilla).

JP4 was a hell of a lot of fun and I think there was plenty of wink-wink going on from the actors as well as the director. It was an unabashed dinosaur romp and there is nothing wrong with that, haha.

Curious what people will actually think of this thing in five months once the hype has subsided and it's well out of theaters.

I liked JW well enough, but I'm pretty sure that I'll hate it when I rewatch it at home, I find myself agreeing with those who hated it way more.

C'mon, guys, this was just a giant mess of a movie. And it got more ridiculous and absurd as it went along... but it never really embraced the absurdity either, so that wasn't even much fun. I kept holding out hope that the much ballyhooed big final sequence would pick things up either, but it didn't.

:mellow: