K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I'd say the odds of this breaking the Saturday record of 69 million aren't that bad.

WOM for this movie is tremendous. I think there's legitimate a chance the opening weekend record is in play.

High projection: 80m total Friday, 75 Saturday, 55 Sunday. 210m ow

Mid range Projection: 70m total Friday, 60m Saturday, 45 Sunday: 175m ow which likely win it the summer

Low end: $65m total Friday, 55m Saturday, 40m Sunday: $160m ow

Odds of winning the summer looking decent at this point.

QFT

Bullshit. 

I repeat. Bullshit.

Almost everyone I know who's going to see this movie is just as excited about Pratt as they are about Dinosaurs. He was all over the promo.

This is much more a star vehicle than any of the previous JPs.

:rolleyes:

DON'T READ IF YOU DONT WANT SURPRISE RUINED!!

Opening day will be over $70 million, if not $75 million.

OR ANOTHER!!!

If it touches $80 million or more, opening weekend record is in play

OR THE BIGGEST SURPRISE!!!! :

It's probably 50/50 that JURASSIC WORLD tops Avengers and wins the summer (maybe even year).

:sherlock: :sherlock: :sherlock:

tumblr_ljluww7QAR1qaxmt9.gif

• Like 2

I'd say the odds of this breaking the Saturday record of 69 million aren't that bad.

WOM for this movie is tremendous. I think there's legitimate a chance the opening weekend record is in play.

High projection: 80m total Friday, 75 Saturday, 55 Sunday. 210m ow

Mid range Projection: 70m total Friday, 60m Saturday, 45 Sunday: 175m ow which likely win it the summer

Low end: $65m total Friday, 55m Saturday, 40m Sunday: $160m ow

Odds of winning the summer looking decent at this point.

Dude its been out for like 16 hours.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

whoa, what a number to see first thing in the morning! this is fantastic! I question whether or not it will get to 150M for the weekend, but the June OW record is certainly going down.

Are you guys serious?

Of fucking course it is going to do $150 million! NBA finals and time of year - this would have done $30 million+ midnight if it opened a month from.

Question is will it break the opening weekend record. Long shot but a real chance.

Yeah Pratt carries this thing. His charisma is what sparks the film to the next level. BDH is good too, she deserves down bigger roles.

I really liked the film. It's a solid slice of summer fun. It's not the second coming or anything, but loads of fun, and the dino action is all really well staged.

Pratt will become Marvel's first leading man to open a non-CBM over $100 mil. I hope they've locked him up for a while, as his star is white-hot right now.  They've been coy about whether the Guardians are going to appear in Infinity Wars - they better have Pratt's contract already signed by now!  Then again, he seems like a good guy who truly appreciates his success, so I don't think he'd play super hardball with them.

I thought JP3 had kinda dimmed the enthusiasm for this franchise; I just didn't see JW exploding like it's apparently going to... which is a good thing!  I know it's kinda impossible to know, but is Pratt a big part of JW's draw?

It is not gonna beat F7's OW. At this point 140M OW is the target.

wtf ?

You guys are crazy if you think it isn't opening over $160 million.

Do you not understand numbers analysis at all ?