K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Yeah, but on both ends it was mostly based on personal bias. You just happened to be right I laid out my reasons for this doing as good as it is doing quite some time ago. I don't see how it's "personal bias" when I'm not even a fan of the original Jurassic Park.
Ok, but I still think I had solid reasoning for doubting it. I'd seen too many attempted franchise revivals flop before this one
  • Like 1

All stuff you can only point to in retrospect. Others would have countered that the franchise was tired and that they expected this movie to suck

LOL, none of that is in retrospect. The trailer didn't get 62 million views last night and we knew the release schedule and marketing months in advance.

I predicted $155 OW weeks ago based on that.

• Like 1

Ok, but I still think I had solid reasoning for doubting it. I'd seen too many attempted franchise revivals flop before this one

I'm not saying you shouldn't have doubted it :) I just think it's unfair to dismiss those who got it right, that's all.

Remember last summer when Trans4mers had to fudge it to get to $100M OW and everything else opened in the 90s. Yeah... I don't either.

Furious 7 - $147M

Ultron - $191M

Jurassic World - $175M????

1065344346_m.jpg

"I shoulda returned..."

• Like 1

But those had nothing to do with JW. Like I've said on here countless times, you can't use an unrelated films failure to predict an upcoming film's performance. It's like all the people who said Godzilla would limp past $100 million domestic because that's all PR could do.

• Like 1

Its not that dinosaurs have never been mainstream, I think there just hasn't been a dinosaur movie in awhile for the public to get behind. Jurassic World succeeded in that aspect while being crowdpleasing. 

I'm not so certain dinos are mainstream. But I've always been certain Jurassic Park was... With inflation:

Jurassic Park III - $260M

The Lost World - $405M

Jurassic Park - $700M