K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I think it should do what everyone has been predicting $120M-$130M thereabouts, yes? Sounds reasonable

No, totally unreasonable. It's have that covered by end of day Saturday.

200M OW?

Really?  :mellow:

Very well may be incoming.

Given the context, 18.5m is ENORMOUS. Given that every on line indicator showed a maximum break out incoming, it's moreso just evidence that that is what is happening.

The next Jurassic Park movie is going to open to bonkers numbers.

I know it's kinda impossible to know, but is Pratt a big part of JW's draw?

Yes he is. I'm 100% sure of that. He was all over the promo, his press tour was all over the media for weeks...

He's the face of this movie, for better or worse, and I've seen tons and tons of tweets from people who went to see this specifically because of him.

Anyone who says he wasn't a major draw is either out of the loop or in denial.

i like Pratt but he has nothing to do with the opening. It is because of the Jurassic Park name and being the first one in 14 years,

I think he created some interest among some younger females who would usually scoff at the idea of watching a movie about dinosaurs.

Call me a party pooper if ya want, but yall are getting a little overzealous. I thought we learned we cant predict mudnights? After TA2's midnights, most thought 220 OW was in play, then you saw what happened. Last year too taught us a previews lesson.

Lets cool it with all this $150+ talk, because then when this opens to $130s, we'll be hearimg endless "im disapointed" posts. Also, you cant judge WOM from a movie that played for 4 hours, you all know that. Lets tap the brakes a tad before we raise expectations too high.

• Like 5

I can't say I'm surprised. I had to give up my Friday tickets that I bought it advance due to unexpected plans. Well...let's just say it wasn't difficult to find people who were willing to take them off my hands. Also heard tons of co workers talking about the movie which surprised me because I work with mostly females. Definitely led me to believe that a 15m+ Thursday number was possible.

Anyways....great number. 150M + and 350m+ dom look to be in good shape.

Call me a party pooper if ya want, but yall are getting a little overzealous. I thought we learned we cant predict mudnights? After TA2's midnights, most thought 220 OW was in play, then you saw what happened. Last year too taught us a previews lesson.

Lets cool it with all this $150+ talk, because then when this opens to $130s, we'll be hearimg endless "im disapointed" posts. Also, you cant judge WOM from a movie that played for 4 hours, you all know that. Lets tap the brakes a tad before we raise expectations too high.

Anyone dissatisfied with anything above $100m OW is stupid sorry to say.

After TA2's midnights, most thought 220 OW was in play, then you saw what happened.

Wtf? Who the hell would have thought that? The preview number made it painfully obvious it was coming in well under the original.

• Like 1

When this surpasses the MOS OW June record Universal will have broken the February, April and June opening weekend records in the same year, and will own the monthly records for half of the first half of the year.

keanu2.gif