K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

That would be incredible.

It's highly unlikely but I have my fingers crossed. I think audiences were craving a mega blockbuster that delivered on nostalgia. And, looking for something that wasn't superhero or young adult novel come to life. This is different. This is something I think the GA will see as a refreshing blast from the past and run out to see in droves.

• Like 2

I think anybody predicting anything over $140-150 million is getting a bit ahead of themselves. I'm really excited by the prospects of this opening super huge too but we really have no idea how frontloaded this could be. It very well might miss $60 million for Friday.

I think anybody predicting anything over $140-150 million is getting a bit ahead of themselves. I'm really excited by the prospects of this opening super huge too but we really have no idea how frontloaded this could be. It very well might miss $60 million for Friday.

I think you're right but...

PP101-X-FILES-i-want-to.jpg

• Like 2

Whoa  :huh:

Considering the family-friendly appeal of this, $150-160 million OW is my guess. With a relatively empty 3 weeks for tentpoles (only Terminator for the next 30 days), this could make a run for $400 million+ DOM if it has good WOM. Nowhere close to a lock but still. 

Considering how some were reporting lackluster preview sales on the East Coast, this will probably a little more backloaded than Godzilla or something of that nature. It also is the first kid-friendly film since Avengers 2 (Tomorrowland has no concdemo lol) 

$145 million

$375 million 

That's a more reasonable outcome. I hope JW missing $350 million DOM wouldn't cause people to declare it a flop! 

• Like 1

The # isn't what you follow. Follow all the indicators. Every indicator here saying it would be huge relative to expecs of low 100s. 140 was the # I chose, that is clearly going to be very low.

18.5 will probably 20% of it's Friday gross (max) when you consider amazing word of mouth, NBA finals on Thursday night, and the time of year.

Friday will be at least 70 million, and I suspect a good deal higher. I think there's a very real chance the Saturday record falls.

Dude you are on crack, not a chance this happens.

It did $18.5m with previews alone. It'll do over $41.5m for the rest of Friday.

$60m+ OD is happening for sure.

You never know. I do think it's a safe bet over $60 million, at least. I don't know how much higher it could get though.

• Like 1

Here's my timeline:

First trailer came out and I thought jeez this looks cheesy and almost every line of dialogue is terrible. 70-90m opening, under Godzilla because that had great marketing even if the movie didn't quite have the punch promised.

First tracking for 100+ came out and I was a little surprised and thought "well I guess 100m is possible, jurassic park is certainly a bigger brand in north america then Godzilla so..."

Next tracking for 110+ came out and I thought "wow, I can't believe it's that high"

Last night I was thinking the Thursday previews would be in the 8-12m range. 18.5m shows up this morning and I'm blown away. And that's on top of there being no reports from fandango about how it's outselling xyz titles the way they love to do which indicates that a big chunk of the audience was walkups.

I still lean conservative compared to some others here just because the numbers are so big already. 140m maybe.

• Like 2

This forum goes full LOL on a big preview #, some of the totals being discussed are insane & not happening.

Here's my timeline:

First trailer came out and I thought jeez this looks cheesy and almost every line of dialogue is terrible. 70-90m opening, under Godzilla because that had great marketing even if the movie didn't quite have the punch promised.

First tracking for 100+ came out and I was a little surprised and thought "well I guess 100m is possible, jurassic park is certainly a bigger brand in north america then Godzilla so..."

Next tracking for 110+ came out and I thought "wow, I can't believe it's that high"

Last night I was thinking the Thursday previews would be in the 8-12m range. 18.5m shows up this morning and I'm blown away. And that's on top of there being no reports from fandango about how it's outselling xyz titles the way they love to do which indicates that a big chunk of the audience was walkups.

I still lean conservative compared to some others here just because the numbers are so big already. 140m maybe.

Fandango reported it was outpacing all 2014 summer films.

• Like 1