K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Inside Out might end up Pixar's first film not to open in first. Though it'll still have big numbers.

If that happened, I'd hope at least Inside Out managed to clench the Opening in Second record.

Dear god! Someone help me! My sister dragged me to this Mary Kay party and it's awful! I've got makeup smeared on me and annoying sales women trying to lure me into their company!

Oh. 67-71?!?!?!?!?! Hot damn!

Wait a minute...is this the cute sister?

If that happened, I'd hope at least Inside Out managed to clench the Opening in Second record.

If Inside Out doesn't open in second then Pixar's streak will still break in November, I don't see how the Good Dinosaur could open higher than Mockingjay's second weekend.  Even Frozen failed to do that and it opened huge.

Every Universal tentpole this year has broken out much bigger than expected.

Given their hotstreak I'll go ahead and say

Ted 2 OW Over 70m

Minions OW Over 100m

Trainwreck OW Over 25m

Straight Outta Compton OW Over 35m

Everest OW Over 30m

Crimson Peak OW Over 40m

1. Ted 2 - 70%. It'll be frontloaded and Spy didn't breakout like we thought it would. As the first big R-rated comedy of the summer, it should breakout big time.

2. Minions - 85%. The last mega-tentpole for this summer. $90 million at the lowest, $120 million at the highest. 

3. Trainwreck - 95%. Looks like the sleeper hit of summer 2015. 

4. Straight Outta Compton - 80%. Unlike James Brown, gangsta rap is semi-relevant among modern teens. Teens and older adults alike should fuel a $35-45 million OW in a barren August. 

5. Everest - 45%. If Black Mass and Maze Runner 2 weren't the same weekend, I'd agree. Those two should keep it at $20-25 million. $30-35 million max.

6. Crimson Peak - 75%. The only big horror film for the fall. Plus Del Toro. Fanboys and horror fanatics should get this a frontloaded $40-50 million OW.

Sisters, Steve Jobs, By the Sea and The Visit all look set to do solid enough, too. 

$71m?! 

DH2's going down. There's no chance it doesn't pass it with a $70m OD. 

Unbelievable. 

Where's the 5 extra hours rant when you need it? TDKR is also going down.  :unsure:

It's really hard to find any comparison for JW, that's what makes this weekend so exciting, but from what i've seen, this could very well be like 0-5% up from friday and then down only 15-20% on sunday.

So going with the 67-71m range, this would mean an OW from 154m to 173m.

Last night was a lot to take in but it was well worth it. The movie has plenty of problems but which film doesn't, all I know is the one sweeping shot of Jurassic World fullly operationally with the Williams score nearly made me cry. I'll give it a B for now 85? My enjoyment factor was 100 though

Beyond excited to see the BO this large. The year of endlessly debating people who couldn't see this grossing more that 100m is over. I win

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 6

I don't get how people are predicting $200m+ for Ted 2.

It'll do no more than $170m and that's the best case scenario because I told you so. 

I'm still so fucking pumped over JW's OD! 

Is it possible it trumps AoU worldwide, too? That would be glorious. 

• Like 3

I don't get how people are predicting $200m+ for Ted 2.

It'll do no more than $170m and that's the best case scenario because I told you so.

I'm still so fucking pumped over JW's OD!

Is it possible it trumps AoU worldwide, too? That would be glorious.

Ted 2 should do at least 190M

It's not passing AOU domestic or ww. You people are hilarious. I really think the reason why this one blew up though was bc of the nostalgia and the whole park finally being open. People were freaking excited about it.

It's not passing AOU domestic or ww. You people are hilarious. I really think the reason why this one blew up though was bc of the nostalgia and the whole park finally being open. People were freaking excited about it.

It's a bit too late to be so arrogant about it. It's entirely possible.