K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

So, one market, which makes up about 10% of the gross in NA, is not quite on par with the rest of the US and you're shocked that it's doing exceptionally well?

Sorry dude, I don't get this logic.

Its that Baumer I am not in denial as I get your point

Its that I dont ever remember such a divergence when it comes to a epic opener. Its really odd and strange and I am failed to explain it. 

Think of any all time opener and this never happened. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Lordman, what you might be missing is the millions of people who aren't necessarily advertising to everyone they know that they plan to see this movie.

I haven't been advertising to anyone that I wanted to see it. I had a co-worker randomly ask me yesterday if I was going to see it but that is because she knows I like action movies. I said heck yeah I'm going. She said she "never got into it." She is about 15 years older than me so I gave her a hard time about it. I said you were 22 when JP1 came out. You were the perfect age for it, haha.

But there are millions upon millions of us who were little kids at that time and are now adults with our own money. We will show up in huge numbers for it. You cannot discount the nostalgia factor at all. It's fucking Jurassic Park man. Adjusts to around $750m when you factor in IMAX/3D/inflation. I'm not seeing it until Sunday morning though. Hoping the crowds won't be too big during church time.

• Like 1

For those that have been around for a while, what is the most shocking OW you can remember? This has to be up there.

American Sniper

This one

Transformers 2

and the biggest one I can recall is New Moon, which pretty much no one had doing 80 mill OW.

• Like 1

So, one market, which makes up about 10% of the gross in NA, is not quite on par with the rest of the US and you're shocked that it's doing exceptionally well?

Sorry dude, I don't get this logic.

Some want to believe what they want to believe. Give where the credit is due. JW is doing dinosaur-sized numbers everywhere.

• Like 1

AMAZING OPENING DAY!!! AMAZING!

However, 200M isn't locked just yet. We have no idea if it may play like a sequel(not likely given preview-day business).

For those that have been around for a while, what is the most shocking OW you can remember? This has to be up there.

TA1 easily takes the cake and now JW's following the same trajectory.

• Like 1

avengers 1, TDK, that's about it.

Nobody expected the first Hunger Games to blow up like it did in March 2012.

Hey, it s probably the reason Warner is releasing one of the most important movie of the studio s history in that timeframe.

• Like 2

How about the first HUNGER GAMES?

Yea, I'm sure there are dozens....I just rifled off four as fast as I could.

1-Spider-man

2- Shrek 2

3- Jurassic World

4- The Avengers

5- The Hunger Games

6- American Sniper

Only 6 movies which OW results completely destroyed expectations.

• Like 2

Nope.  With numbers like this, they will green light a sequel.  They're not going to green light 9 more movies.

Oh God. 2017 is going to be insane for Universal again with DM3, Furious 8, and likely Jurassic Park 5.

• Like 1