K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I have been lurking on the forums since Catching Fire's weekend and decided to finally join in. As a fan of Marvel and the  Jurassic Park movies  I'm glad that both have spots in the top opening weekends. 

Welcome aboard. Two things, trust rth, don't trust Noctis.

You'll survive. :P

• Like 1

Yeah dude.. I'm above it and don't give a shit anymore.. Once more, records fall. TA had it's day and something came along and beat it.. Big deal.. Great for Universal, but stop coming off as a pretentious douche..

You obviously care I remember AOU opening weekend the rants you were throwing around cursing RTH saying that's he's bullshit. Cursing out the fight you were really upset more than any person has a right to be over a gorss of a movie that they are not in any way involved in. Coming in now and saying you don't care is disingenuous 

<script async defer src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>

I am totally shocked at the lines going to this movie. Everybody knows it will do $300M dom easily but this is something else.

Stop saying it is the Prat factor

I have been lurking on the forums since Catching Fire's weekend and decided to finally join in. As a fan of Marvel and the  Jurassic Park movies  I'm glad that both have spots in the top opening weekends. 

769fcbdf1939cbdf43002be6e4330e9c.936x690

• Like 2

I really hope Inside Out isn't destroyed by Jurassic World. JW is entertaining but kinda lacking and although I haven't seen Inside Out yet, I have a feeling I'll like it more.

It think JW will mute its opening a little bit but if it's as good as it looks like it will overcome it.

Much like Frozen did against CF.

• Like 1

This whole thing is shocking to me in a way. I honestly can't fathom how this beat Avengers 1. I find Avengers 1 a better film, but more on the marketing front, I wasn't super impressed by Jurassic World

But then again, it's super cool the record is being broken by a movie absolutely no one expected to break the record

I still think the *level* of shock is perplexing. This isn't a foreign language documentary breaking the record. The first two films broke the OW record and the 3rd likely would have too if it had opened on a Friday.

• Like 1

I really hope Inside Out isn't destroyed by Jurassic World. JW is entertaining but kinda lacking and although I haven't seen Inside Out yet, I have a feeling I'll like it more.

Literally the biggest OW record. I'm sure Inside Out will be impacted somewhat.

• Like 2

This comment reminds me of the recent Lady Gaga interview in which she claimed her last solo LP (which plummeted om it's predecessor) "wasn't about being a hit or getting hit singles."

How many times have people written off Marvel?

Iron Man blows up then they put out a few weaker films.

People write them off. It must be end for superheroes.

Avengers blows up then they put out a couple weaker films.

People write them off. "Marvel was a fluke."

Then GotG and Winter Soldier blows up...

You see a trend?

• Like 1