K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

So say it hits 73, whats a potential number for the weekend? I'm not good at this box office math stuff.

Probably around 18-25%, depending on how it's dinged by the NBA and GOT. Since it skews wider and younger in terms of demos, I don't think it'll be hit that hard.

Also trailer reactions were as follows:

Ant-Man 5 min preview: silence

Ant-Man trailer: lots of haha no and God that looks stupid and laughter

Everest: silence

Pixels: a lot of that looks ridiculous and laughter

Fantastic Four: silence

Mission: Impossible: decent chatter, some whose with the airplane.

Pixels and Ant-Man are not going to do the numbers people think they will do.

Btw let's all remember the guy that thought of this concept over twenty years ago

Michael-Crichton-michael-crichton-739074

Goes back a lot further than that too. Anyone see West World from the 1970's? Chrichton's original "theme park gone to hell" and what's amazing about it is you can even see some influence on The Terminator, though I have no idea if Cameron even saw West World or has acknowledged influence. Could just be coincidence. But West World's influence on Jurassic Park is undeniable given they both come from the same guy.

This whole thing is shocking to me in a way. I honestly can't fathom how this beat Avengers 1. I find Avengers 1 a better film, but more on the marketing front, I wasn't super impressed by Jurassic World

But then again, it's super cool the record is being broken by a movie absolutely no one expected to break the record

xjrrqb4.gif

+

Chris-Pratt-Dancing_0.gif=

=

IeX6afO.gif

Finally finished reading the last 60 pages.  Whew.

I saw it again tonight and the 7pm show was about 95% full.  I loved it the first time, this time I damn near had a stroke watching it.  There are so many HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME moments in the movie.  Obviously I can't say any of them here but the audience seemed to like it about as much as I did.  I heard a lot of really positive comments on the way out.

This has fast become one of my favourite movies of all time.  It's fast, it's action packed and it never lets up.  The ending is just ridiculously awesome and it caused people to laugh, clap and cheer when you know what happened.

I can't believe how straight up entertaining this is.  Kudos to every single person that worked on this.  It's simply one of the finest theater experiences I've ever had.

• Like 6

FF7  made $1,510 WW ....

And Jurassic World need to make a lot of money overseas to get close to it, domestic box office is not strong enough to do JW beat FF7...

Today is day two.  

• Like 1