K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

The really awesome thing about this weekend is it just kept building and building.

Right up to the last stretch we still weren't sure where this will end up.

No one saw this coming, no one was even close.

So big, but also so unexpected. Truly a legendary weekend. Had such a blast spending it with you all!

• Like 3

Raptors are badass. Had one of those fossil claws when I was kid. Can you imagine trying to deal with them in real life? Glad they went extinct and turned into falcons.

Work is closed today due to Raptors being spotted in the area. Please stay inside all day until further notice. 

386 for TDKR. We're about to hit 387. 400 should happen sometime tomorrow.

I don't know what's more impressive: Jurassic World breaking the record for overall opening weekend in June, or this thread breaking the weekend thread record with banned derailments!

• Like 2

I don't know what's more impressive: Jurassic World breaking the record for overall opening weekend in June, or this thread breaking the weekend thread record with banned derailments!

I think mods were pretty lenient regarding derailments in this thread. They realized weekends like this don't come around too often.

Also, June used to hold the OW record before, so not that surprising that a June movie can break the OW record, just that it came through JW which no one saw coming.

• Like 2

It's actually the record for weekend threads after derailments were no longer allowed, so that's a moot point lol.

Still, IT'S A RECORD!

I know I should probably wait for actuals before asking this, but I'm not sure what the most overall "impressive" weekend of all time is. In the heat of the moment it's easy to pick this, but TA1, TDK, THG, and SM1 were all very very impressive.