K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I don't think I was ever as hyped for a movie as I was for JW. I simply didn't used that in my predictions. Didn't wanted to end up disappointed. 

• Like 1

They're getting some massive rebates on the fifth one, though. Enough to bring the budget back into the "expensive but bearable" category.

They were getting 25M in rebates according to the THR article, which was basically not even granted for Pirates 5, it was for the Fincher-Pitt movie "20000 Leagues Under The Sea" which they just transferred over to Pirates 5.

Anyone has the audacity of calling a $75 million Saturday? :ph34r:

I think we're all just hoping for a 65 million plus Saturday.  That's not being greedy.

70 million would just floor us all.

• Like 2

Anyone has the audacity of calling a $75 million Saturday? :ph34r:

Stop.

Lets see if it can match Avengers first Saturday become entering stupid huge territory. 

• Like 2

It seems such a generic summer film..

Fail to see the record appeal.

I see 150 million ow appeal not 200+

Lol

Man you are so salty. You've been babbling the same things all day. We get it, man, TA is threatened and you don't like that. And don't say "no that's not it", you're an easy poster to read.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

I haven't seen this yet, guys. For those who have, is this better than the first? A simple yes or no answer would suffice. 

Thanks.

I wouldn't say it's better then the first, but it's certainly a lot of fun.

Edited by Insidearcher

I haven't seen this yet, guys. For those who have, is this better than the first? A simple yes or no answer would suffice. 

Thanks.

Depends who you ask.

For most, no, because the original is the original.

For me and a few others, a resounding yes.

They were getting 25M in rebates according to the THR article, which was basically not even granted for Pirates 5, it was for the Fincher-Pitt movie "20000 Leagues Under The Sea" which they just transferred over to Pirates 5.

According to "sources" :ph34r: it's both significantly more than that and also directly applied to P5.

Thanks.

Haha no

I think we're all just hoping for a 65 million plus Saturday.  That's not being greedy.

70 million would just floor us all.

Then let's get ready.

My gut tells me this movie is hitting $70+ million. The reports, the lines, the audience.

• Like 2

Man you are so salty. You've been babbling the same things all day. We get it, man, TA is threatened and you don't like that. And don't say "no that's not it", you're an easy poster to read.

I don't think that's it. I think his area is just underperforming compared to everywhere else so it just doesn't seem right to him that the movie is potentially about to break the record. Other thing is maybe he's not big on dinosaurs/JP. But I say to that...what the hell man? Who doesn't like dinosaurs?!!!

Don't get wrong I love crowd pleasing films that don't try to preach and simply entertain.

Still bewildering.

No novelty of Ta no dead actor like Tdk and no direct sequel to we'll liked movie Sm3.

Seems the x factor is famous brand nostalgia and Chris pratt