K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

For the first time I can see what Lorfmandeep means about Toronto not being very busy. One theater in my city is busy as hell but the one im at is relatively quiet. The 7pm show is maybe 60% full...not overly busy for a Saturday night.

2D or 3D baumer?

For the first time I can see what Lorfmandeep means about Toronto not being very busy. One theater in my city is busy as hell but the one im at is relatively quiet. The 7pm show is maybe 60% full...not overly busy for a Saturday night.

Like I am not being silly like remember spiderman 3 Saturday and Ta Saturday. I never forget those days.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Went to my theater to get tix early...wow. Packed to capacity. That's no hyperbole, there's no room in the parking lot. They also had a sign on the box office in BIG BOLD LETTERS saying that they're not refunding tix and to be sure you find a good JW and to get their early.

This basically solidifies what I've been saying all day. I think spillover is going to be real. My theater is a 14 screen, and they only have JW playing on 4, and only 2 2D. So there's 14 screens total and only 2 are playing the highest grossing format. I don't think they prepared for this, and I feel that's how it is with many theaters across the country, especially when I looked on Fandango. 

They had to put that sign on the BO because people are coming in groups of 6 and cant find seats together then want a refund so they can come back. With TA2, theaters knew what to expect and made showtimes accordingly, but obviously not here. I think a good bit of business intended for last night is coming today, and alot of people will be turned away today and be forced to go back tomorrow. It's insane. There's just not enough showtimes. Amazing weekend ahead.

Yeah, when I went to get my tickets earlier, the theater's parking lot was packed, but yet there was no line. I was in that awkward hour slot after all four showings had started. Glad I got my tix for tonight

The most impressive thing for me anecdotally is both of my brothers have talked to me about this movie with no prompting from me. My younger brother asked me if I was thinking of seeing it because his girlfriend saw it and cried three times, and my older brother actually called me to warn me about getting my tickets early because it sold out for the weekend where he lives. They never talk to me about current movies, lol.

• Like 2

Went to my theater to get tix early...wow. Packed to capacity. That's no hyperbole, there's no room in the parking lot. They also had a sign on the box office in BIG BOLD LETTERS saying that they're not refunding tix.

Oh come on, the film can't be that bad...

Whats the likely hood of it doing 70m+ today?

Showings have been sold out across the country since 8:30am with pics, tweets and videos of the lines being posted all day.

Sell outs last night pushed a lot of business to today.

I'm fully expecting it.

Edited by PDC1987
  • Like 1