K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

arch this crazy return pf jpworld makes me so excited for our avtr2,sw7,batman and supermans and justice league bo runs.

Especially for camerons potentially worlds first 800m plus dom and 3b plus potential. Geesus congrsts to furious 7 and looks like jpworld is also going to mop the floor with avengers2 and even avengers 1.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing which movie opens with 100m on it's first day. Star Wars could do it, but Christmas is holding back the potential.

Batman Vs. Superman could do, but currently I'm predicting the film to open with 160m.

Edited by Insidearcher

AVATAR isn't a fanboy driven film, its a universal film. It would need something like a Potter or Hunger Games, Avengers etc, fanboy driven films.

AVATAR 2 will probably only open to something like 150mil, what it WILL have is legs.

Legs are produced by quality. There is no guarantee of that. Cameron has a great track record but you never know how it will turn out.

So which movie does everyone think could be a candidate for the first ever 100M OD? I really thought everything was set up perfectly for AOU to achieve that feat, JW was an out of nowhere thing - those movies escalate over the weekend instead of on OD.

SW7 could - the only thing holding it back is the release date.

Previews will be nearly 100% sold out... might be 50M+ if DH2 did 43 4 years ago from just midnights.

Any saturday indications yet? I will say evening shows here are all packed. I drove by earlier and saw the line extend all the way around the building. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Also on a offtopic note, HSX, having all those JW shares is really paying off lol.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

AVATAR isn't a fanboy driven film, its a universal film. It would need something like a Potter or Hunger Games, Avengers etc, fanboy driven films.

AVATAR 2 will probably only open to something like 150mil, what it WILL have is legs.

Avatar is a universal film and that's exactly why Avatar 2 will succeed too. 

That's the secret of James Cameron.  He makes movies that universally touch people from all different backgrounds, instead of just making movies that fanboys hype on the internet. 

Does your grandma care about Avengers? Probably not. Has she seen Titanic? I bet that she has probably seen it multiple times just like everybody else.

Edited by KingoftheWorld
  • Like 2

So these are my dad's favorite movies:

Ever After

The Other Boleyn Girl

Snow White and the Huntsman

The Call

So if he knew that Mad Max: Fury Road was a feminist movie, would that automatically be his new favorite movie?

i dont think yu can say what will happen with the worlds biggest sequel and a movie even 70-90 yr olds will checkout the first week. Rem the first one had people coming in snnow storms and would havr made 150m if noy for the eastside of the usa wrecked by super snow storms. 150-170 m in dec is more likely for avatar 2 stuart. But if all those titan and avatar, comic and cameron loyalists show up first week. 190-220M 3 day cant be ruled out, sw7 dec numbers could be record breaking as well.

Never have we seen a sequel to a film that did so well at the bo and on hv hit us with a director thats unbreakable. Just cant say what's going to happen, but i gurantee there will be somr adding of james cameron in the top 3 all time list. Lol

Edited by Superman001

Legs are produced by quality. There is no guarantee of that. Cameron has a great track record but you never know how it will turn out.

The first film had 10x legs, i can't see the sequel dropping more than 5x legs so a 150mil OW would put it on track to match the orig film. Plus with the way grosses are going recently, a 150mil OW is probably on the low side.

Avatar is a universal film and that's exactly why Avatar 2 will succeed too. 

That's the secret of James Cameron.  He makes movies that universally touch people from all different backgrounds, instead of just making movies that fanboys hype on the internet. 

Does your grandma care about Avengers? Probably not. Has she seen Titanic? I bet that she has probably seen it multiple times just like everybody else.

:sleep:

Is this why you joined the forums with that username and Avatar? To pimp out Cameron?