K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

There's something really special about going to a packed out cinema to see a massive event movie like this. Feels like you're part of something. I don't usually like being in busy cinemas, but there's a certain atmosphere that is hard to dislike. I haven't felt this with a movie's hype since Skyfall.

Skyfall was an insane beast here. I saw it second Monday, at half 2 in the afternoon and the bloody thing STILL sold out!

So many pages, I go work on some house work and come back to 10 more Fricking pages....

I just want to see how loud this Dino roars at this point, cause under the record is almost to disappointing territory.

So many users not posting, just lurking.

Speak. Talk. Welcome to the Box Office World.

ALL 194 OF YOU

i lurked for years and now I just clicked on and signed up.......

lots of fun

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 2

There's something really special about going to a packed out cinema to see a massive event movie like this. Feels like you're part of something. I don't usually like being in busy cinemas, but there's a certain atmosphere that is hard to dislike. I haven't felt this with a movie's hype since Skyfall.

Yes when you're in there with adults but when you're surrounded with kids its a fucking nightmare. I think the next time I go to a movie which might appeal to kids I'll buy the seats next to me if its reserved. I had half the movie ruined for me by this kid that wouldn't stop screaming, walking around the row and being genuinely obnoxious. Her mom just did not care.

For BSG purposes, JW is NOT ending within 40M of Furious 7.

For that question, I thought JW would be ~100M above Furious 7. I figured I had failed when Furious 7 opened to 150  :lol:

Heck, I'll happily pay $20 for a movie, especially if it means (almost always) not dealing with any crap. Do they have 21+ only shows in Toronto?

Its like paying 70 bucks for a game, not worth it.

Maybe SW but thats it 

I still cringe paying 17.50 for AOU and that was on my Birthday weekend! 

They 21 and older shows but the crowds in those are really tame and like snobby.

Edited by Lordmandeep

I don't think age would really affect the quality of the audience, tbh. Bad cinemagoers come in all shapes and sizes.

Yeah but Alamo Drafthouse will kick adults out for texting or talking on their phones. Maybe even for talking too loudly in general. They take that shit pretty seriously. It's part of their brand identity.

• Like 1

Yeah but Alamo Drafthouse will kick adults out for texting or talking on their phones. Maybe even for talking too loudly in general. They take that shit pretty seriously. It's part of their brand identity.

I know, but that's one specific chain in one state. There should be more of those cinemas.

Its like paying 70 bucks for a game, not worth it.

Maybe SW but thats it 

I still cringe paying 17.50 for AOU and that was on my Birthday weekend!

I dunno, man, to each his own, but there's a big difference between 70 and 20. If I really care that much about a few extra bucks, I can scrimp elsewhere if I need to. Of course, I don't get a chance to go to theaters as much as I'd like anymore.

I dunno, man, to each his own, but there's a big difference between 70 and 20. If I really care that much about a few extra bucks, I can scrimp elsewhere if I need to. Of course, I don't get a chance to go to theaters as much as I'd like anymore.

Are you gonna see JW?