K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I want RTH to be right.

I want this movie to eat up the weekend record.

(This is like 2012 all over again when The Avengers had that insane opening weekend. Estimates just kept going higher and higher).

Goes along nicely with their $78.6 million Friday projection from this time last night, i.e. it's worthless.

They reported 78-80 at 10:30 Pacific, so let's average it and call that 79. Ended up at 82.8, which is 4.8% higher.

66.8 x 1.048 = 70. Right at the low end of Rth's range. Would love to see it go higher though.

Edited by redfirebird2008

Goes along nicely with their $78.6 million Friday projection from this time last night, i.e. it's worthless.

I don't know, I remember their late Saturday estimates being pretty accurate (in general I mean).

Edited by lab276

What was this?

Estimates had Fast and Furious opening at $72.5 million on it's opening weekend in 2009, bigger than The Lost World's $72.1 million opener (then Universal's record).  The actual opening weekend for Fast and Furious was $70.95 million, coming in just under.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2009&wknd=14&p=.htm

The F&F franchise ended up breaking the record anyways with each subsequent installment.  Well, until tomorrow.

• Like 1

I don't know, I remember their late Saturday estimates being pretty accurate (in general I mean).

A lot of times they don't report at all on Saturday until 2 AM Pacific. That's 2 hours from now, so it's possible they are still running a bit behind and not getting completely accurate info.

Estimates had Fast and Furious opening at $72.5 million on it's opening weekend in 2009, bigger than The Lost World's $72.1 million opener (then Universal's record).  The actual opening weekend for Fast and Furious was $70.95 million, coming in just under.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2009&wknd=14&p=.htm

The F&F franchise ended up breaking the record anyways with each subsequent installment.  Well, until tomorrow.

Just proves Universal has no concept of fudging numbers like the other studios do. If they did F&F would have gone past TLW, F&F6 would have hit $100 ad F7 would have hit $150.

If Deadline is right and this falls below $200M, I think I might be done with this forum for a long time. That's the second time this summer I've been disappointed by a massive OW due to the excessive hype here.

Its not missing 200m even with 66 sat. Unless saturday drop is really harsh. 

If Deadline is right and this falls below $200M, I think I might be done with this forum for a long time. That's the second time this summer I've been disappointed by a massive OW due to the excessive hype here.

It's all part of the experience.