K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

New member here. I finally joined because this weekend has just been an incredible amount of fun to watch.

I'm hoping RTH's numbers are right but either way - this is an amazing weekend.

Welcome Dory! I also hope your namesake does well next June.  ;)

• Like 1

Welcome Dory! I also hope your namesake does well next June.  ;)

Thanks! I hope so too! I'm a big fan. I'm really hoping it will take down the elusive animation Shrek 3 animated OW record.

• Like 2

Thanks! I hope so too! I'm a big fan. I'm really hoping it will take down the elusive animation Shrek 3 animated OW record.

Oh I forgot that Shrek 3 still has that record.  

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

Wow. Of all the films that could potentially top Avengers 1's ow, I never thought that this could be it. I'm kinda hopeful that it truly happens, because so many people thought that that OW would not be touched in a long time. Also...funny how it probably happens on the same summer in which the highly anticipated sequel to TA1 fails at topping the original's OW, which almost everyone thought it would do.

• Like 6

what did i miss? so JW is a HIT?

i've seen the film twice now and i have yet to go in RTM just haven't had the time what with work !

i'm going to spend an hour chilling in this thread but after that i have to go prepare my classes ....

• Like 1

I saw it yesterday (er, today?) at a 12.30am showing, loved it.

Today at 4pm tried to see it again, the AMC I was at was sold out, and next available showing was at 7ish. Similar fate with the 2 other AMC theaters we looked into. Went to a United Artist theater for a 5.30pm showing, everything was sold out until 10pm. People in line were even buying tickets for the next day.

Ended up going to a Pacific Theaters, they had a lot of showings, and we were able to get in for a 6.30pm showing. People loved it. 

Debating if I should watch it for a 3rd time on Sunday. 

If Friday was estimated at $83m ($64m without previews), and it's Saturday is estimated at $70-$74m, that's a 10-15% increase. How much of a drop should we be expecting? 

Worst case scenario, -20%? 

That gives it a $56m-$59m Sunday. 

Not having a solid estimate of Saturday, can we expect something like this...

$83m + $74m + $59m = $216m
or
$83m + $70m + $56m = $209m.

Universal, work your magic and break this record. 

• Like 1