K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Very similar in that regard, though Avengers weekend was tracking in the 150's beforehand while JP4 was around 125-130.

Its just unbelievable. At least TA1 was sort of an comic book event film and tracking was way off. Nobody saw 200m for JW. 

I'm still trying to fathom what has happened so far. 

Hysterical post.  A few days ago people thought 130mish was best case scenario.

Posts like this are only proving my point. I get that anything above $130M is fantastic. That's exactly what my point is. I should be astounded by this being higher than AOU. But so many people jumped on the stinkin' OW record/$215+ million hype train these last few hours that it makes the Deadline report a tad disappointing.

Yes, I get it. So many people are saying to me JW has already won. It most definitely has. I'm not saying it hasn't. Not even close. It's won and then some. But that only strengthens my point that hype trains really screw with perception.

Posts like this are only proving my point. I get that anything above $130M is fantastic. That's exactly what my point is. I should be astounded by this being higher than AOU. But so many people jumped on the stinkin' OW record/$215+ million hype train these last few hours that it makes the Deadline report a tad disappointing.

Yes, I get it. So many people are saying to me JW has already won. It most definitely has. I'm not saying it hasn't. Not even close. It's won and then some. But that only strengthens my point that hype trains really screw with perception.

The opening weekend update hype cycle *is* box office tracking. We wouldn't be posting if this shit was predictable.

But the ride is what makes these forums so much fun.

If the early tracking or even the early daily projections were always accurate there would be no reason to hang around the forums all night waiting for more accurate estimates.

Instead we get 3-4 nights a year were it's really exciting because we don't really know what the final result is going to be.

The ups and downs and differing projections from different sources bring the boxoffice to life to us that have no real stake in the final results.

• Like 2

But the ride is what makes these forums so much fun.

If the early tracking or even the early daily projections were always accurate there would be no reason to hang around the forums all night waiting for more accurate estimates.

Instead we get 3-4 nights a year were it's really exciting because we don't really know what the final result is going to be.

The ups and downs and differing projections from different sources bring the boxoffice to life to us that have no real stake in the final results.

Indeed it is.

And the ride isn't even over yet. My overreaction post will probably be totally moot once it's all said and done. I purposely picked under $200M because I think that has a low chance of happening at this point, anyway.

New member here. I finally joined because this weekend has just been an incredible amount of fun to watch.

I'm hoping RTH's numbers are right but either way - this is an amazing weekend.

• Like 4

Ever since joining the forums on Thor 2's opening weekend I've been eagerly yet patiently anticipating a true event like this one.

Simply amazing feeling and so glad to have witnessed it with you guys.

:hug:

• Like 1