K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Would be fun if JW hit 600+, AoU has hit 500+, Minions hit 400+, and IO hit 300+. No I'm not actually expecting that, but this summer is balls to the walls nuts so who knows?

Ultron will end up around 460. It's the quietest huge box office performance ever. Crazy year.

THIS IS THE STUFF OF LEGENDS

how is jurassic world sold out for the next two showings??? it's 1 o'clock on a sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 430 and the 730 Jurassic World movie sold out WTF!!!!

The 7 & 8 PM showings of Jurassic World are already sold out. Everything else is too late. Guess that made the decision for me, lol.

there are no more jurassic park tickets at the theater for the WHOLE DAY! THEIR ALL SOLD!!! #popularmovie

Omg Jurassic World is sold out in all times for today and its 4 oclock WHAT THE FUCK

Die, Marvel.

DIE.  B) B) B)

The part in the movie where the music is bumping and we know we are about to see the park and the little kid yells "I don't want to wait anymore!!"...audience was like " *through tears* me neither son, me neither..."

Edited by ExcelFTW

Way way way off topic, but I'm watching WAR with Statham and Li and I had no idea Han was in this too.  Sung Kang is much bigger in this than he is in the Furious films.  He's also on Statham's team in the movie and Statham ends up killing him in F6/F7....what a bastard lol.

Carry on and back to the record breaking JW weekend.  

I still dont understand why people stand in line to enter theaters? 

Never happened here even during epic openers. The inside of theater is filled with people waiting with tickets bought for next showing.

I'm so grateful most Cineplex theaters have 1 or 2 screens with reserved seating now. Every movie I think will open huge I buy my tickets way in advance and get perfect seating and I show up maybe 10 minutes before start time.

I still remember the days when I would have to get to the theater over an hour early for blockbusters or risk getting a crappy seat, or even further back when you had to stand in line hours in advance just to buy your ticket (thinking back to Star Wars and E.T., those were crazy times).

• Like 1

Comments like this really show the demand and people's eagerness to see it. On day 3 mind you:

dani @capilIaries 1m1 minute ago

fricking Jurassic World is sold out I have to go back in 3 hours

2:12 PM - 14 Jun 2015 · Details

That's what amazes me. All the Tweets of people saying they are going to different theaters when they find out one of them is sold out. I think I would probably just give up and wait until the next week. People willing to sit there for hours and hours due to all the sellouts. Impressive demand.

So reading through the thread it seems like people are showing a lot of Schadenfreude for all the trash talk Marvelites indulged in over the past year.

You couldn't go into a single thread without talk of AOU dominating everything.

Edited by grim22

In non JW observations, a bit surprised Spy hasn't done a little better. With the stellar reviews and McCarthy's draw power I thought Bridesmaids numbers were a safe bet. Looks like it won't be a whole lot bigger than Tammy though. Maybe Tammy and Identity Theft's shitty quality finally caught up with her star power a bit.

Returning to Jurassic Par for many moviegoers is akin to returning to their childhood. Its an emotional connection to film which simply cannot be replicated by another property. So many tweets and reports of audience members legit. tearing up when they first enter the park.

They feel like their 5 years old again.

Oh, the amounts of money full grown adults will pay to feel that way once again. It's mind boggling/

JW week days:

mon.: 21.25m

tue.: 19.3m

wed.: 14.8m

thurs.: 13m

fri.: 30.5m

sat.: 43.5m

sun.: 31.3m

380m by sunday

Those week day numbers are way too low.

• Like 1

Returning to Jurassic Par for many moviegoers is akin to returning to their childhood. Its an emotional connection to film which simply cannot be replicated by another property. So many tweets and reports of audience members legit. tearing up when they first enter the park.

They feel like their 5 years old again.

Oh, the amounts of money full grown adults will pay to feel that way once again. It's mind boggling/

The park entrance didn't get me so much because the logo is so much different from the 1993 one. If they actually had the same logo on there I think I would have lost it. But...

"We need more teeth" and T-Rex showing up put tears in my eyes. So glad to see T-Rex get a big role at the end.

• Like 4

In non JW observations, a bit surprised Spy hasn't done a little better. With the stellar reviews and McCarthy's draw power I thought Bridesmaids numbers were a safe bet. Looks like it won't be a whole lot bigger than Tammy though. Maybe Tammy and Identity Theft's shitty quality finally caught up with her star power a bit.

I feel like Tammy is responsible for it. Many people I know who were fans of her strongly disliked Tammy as did I. It's sad that Spy has to suffer since it's quality is so much better. 

Edited by Rman823

The park entrance didn't get me so much because the logo is so much different from the 1993 one. If they actually had the same logo on there I think I would have lost it. But...

"We need more teeth" and T-Rex showing up put tears in my eyes. So glad to see T-Rex get a big role at the end.

That's the main thing - give the audience something to latch on to while leaving the movie. Endings are way more important than the first 2 acts. Does Furious 7 get the huge WOM without that ending? I doubt it.

• Like 1

That's the main thing - give the audience something to latch on to while leaving the movie. Endings are way more important than the first 2 acts. Does Furious 7 get the huge WOM without that ending? I doubt it.

The ending will drive WOM. Get that 3x multiplier happening.

• Like 1