K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

E.T. may be forced out of the Top Ten after a 33 yr stint.

ET is one of the original blockbusters.  It was the all time highest grossing film at one time.  RIP ET.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but your gut does not count as a source that can be referenced.

Would be amazing if it happened somehow, though.

The sellouts are at the same exact pace and frequency as yesterday, even post-8pm shows. That's what he's basing it on.

$60 million may not happen, but not getting a new Sunday record would surprise me.

Edited by PDC1987

ET is one of the original blockbusters.  It was the all time highest grossing film at one time.  RIP ET.

Agreed.  and I am seeing E.T. in the theater again on Friday :)

• Like 1

The sellouts are at the same exact pace and frequency as yesterday, even post-8pm shows. That's what he's basing it on.

$60 million may not happen, but not getting a new Sunday record would surprise me.

I'm just a bit skeptic on Tweets being used as a source. AOU was loaded with Tweets discussing sellouts and we know how that turned out...

E.T. may be forced out of the Top Ten after a 33 yr stint.

It will be Forced out, it's a forgone conclusion.   But if "E.T." has to go, it's good that another Spielberg property did it.  It's going to be sad when it happens.  "E.T." deserves Top 10 status forever.  How many Blockbusters can say they were in the Top 10 for 3+ decades? 

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1