K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

I used to watch JP all the time when I was a kid. But not the sequels. I don't even think I've seen the third film.

Thankfully, Jurassic World was fab. Such a feeling of nostalgia. Loved it.

Edited by Krissykins

The issue parents never let me watch any films until I was 6 or 7 so I missed out on JP.

I remember getting a copy of twister on vhs and watching I ten times over the weekend lol.

I loved Twister as a kid. I watched so many times on VHS.

I was a 90s kid and this film was so nostalgic for me.  I rarely watch movies on opening weekend, let alone opening day, but I bought tickets days in advance for this.  Most of my childhood friends feel the same way.

I thought the movie delivered.  Super corny and cringe-worthy dialogue but I don't really care because that end sequence was so worth it.  And Chris Pratt is mighty fiiiine.

The kids who were born in the 90s see Jurassic Park as one of the defining films of their childhoods. I was only 4 months old when it came out, but remember watching it obsessively when I hit 5 years. It's what made me obsessed with dinosaurs as a kid.

I'm gonna finally watch it in 25 hours! Cannot fucking wait.

I think you will love it, especially the ending.

• Like 1

If it's not 210 plus it's a fudge.

Oh please. If they wanted to fudge it, they would have declared a record with estimates to get their bragging rights.

They were very conservative when they could have reaped greater rewards for overshooting.

This isn't Paramount, it's Universal, and I'm gonna trust their number.

• Like 2

I am not putting on a tin foil hat but dealing with 100 of millions of dollars and ow broken by 1% is well ...

So I hope for 210+

207.5 would be jokes

Edited by Lordmandeep

You guys make me feel so old. :ph34r:  :ph34r: :ph34r:  

I skipped class and sneaked out of my school's service door with a few enthusiastic friends to see JP. I was in HIGH SCHOOL. :mellow:

Best time at the cinema for all of us, well worth missing a few lessons. I even went to see it for the second time, first time in my life paying for the same movie twice.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

Every time Lordmandeep dislikes a movie, he comes up with it underperforming in Canada, but never was able to deliver a number to proof it.

That's quite an achievement and still he's the center of the discussion again and again.

• Like 5

Every time Lordmandeep dislikes a movie, he comes up with it underperforming in Canada, but never was able to deliver a number to proof it.

That's quite an achievement and still he's the center of the discussion again and again.

I apologize I live in canada

I give the movie 8 out of ten and I am not hater.

So you just be silent before you make a greater mockery of yourself.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Even then, the two most watched series finales in HBO history only got 10 million each, the Sopranos and SATC.

Entourage only did 3.1 million.

And? Game of Thrones is their biggest series ever. The fifth season premiere scored 8 million viewers, way more than any other episode of the Sopranos and SATC. Edited by Chaz