K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Actually, it needed 100m from China, but Im not mad, not really, because next year is revenge time. I just hope WB gets the China release aligned with the DOM one or else I'll go ballistic.

lmao, see what I mean?

• Like 1

With summer weekdays burning demand and without uber-buzz TDK and TA had, expecting a 2nd weekend between $75M and $85M.

I can definitely agree with summer weekdays burning demand but it's to early to tell how uber it's buzz is. One point tho....a movie doesn't make almost 209m in its OW without some kind of incredible buzz

All eyes on the weekday numbers now we've finally got the record confirmation.

By Wednesday we'll have an idea just as to what kind of beast we might be dealing with here. Before of course that big Friday smackdown with Pixar.

Yeah, this upcoming weekend will be fun.

Pixar battling JW for the weekend and JW going fpr biggest second weekend.

boy noctis and james and the like are gonna need more and more qualifiers for when they wanna big up harry potter. soon they'll be saying "Oh yeah, well DH2 has the biggest OS opening for a movie with Ciaran Hinds in a minor role!"

Don't need to. DH2 held the OS and WW OW records for four years without China. I'm not salty at all. Glad it's happening to Jurassic World.

I don't need to big up Potter. It was the biggest and most consistent series of all time.

What happens in a year?

The HP spin-off of course. It will be worth the waiting when it crushes records (OS I mean, and only if WB manages to open everywhere at once, like JW; I still find it unbelievable that DOM never gave Potter an over 400m movie, even with 3D).

U$314M.

So Jurassic World beat the OS record and domestic record by roughly U$1M on both accounts. lol, HP and Marvel fans must be a little salty.

Why the fuck would they? JW isn't coming close TA ww or DH2 ww total. All the morons coming out of the woodwork.

For these giant OW's with big preview numbers my weekend #2 calculation is (OW-previews) * 0.45 and it gets pretty close for most big movies, FF7, TDKR, IM3, even HP:DH2 isn't too far off. Avengers doesn't work but that was a whole different story than JW imo. I think this will be around $85m next weekend.

The HP spin-off of course. It will be worth the waiting when it crushes records (OS I mean, and only if WB manages to open everywhere at once, like JW; I still find it unbelievable that DOM never gave Potter an over 400m movie, even with 3D).

Oh. Er, I don't think it's gonna come anywhere close to any record.

• Like 4