abra

Wednesday Actuals: JW 19.9 [Not the PIXAR thread]

I'd go a little bit softer on the Friday increase, but not much. 

18M Thu

30M Fri (67% increase)

39M Sat

37M Sun = 106M weekend, 402M 10-day  :o

Both still records.

Edited by cory

No, buddy. I do not want to waste my time on something I have no interest in.

Btw how have you been?

oh I love pixar as former LUCASFILM division, and I am working in CG :)

well thanx for asking ! work, kids and trying to manage dolbyatmos at home :)

plus can't wait for SW7 :) fuuuuuuuuuu :)

Marek

5 pages in the middle of this thread are totally worthless, another sick hold. Once again LOL those using the inflated weekdays as a reason it won't hit $100m over the weekend. It's a crappy argument sorry.

No it isn't. Just look at TA1 in early May and TDK in mid-July. Summer weekdays in mid-June are bound to be much stronger than May but not as strong as mid-July.

TA1: 207 opening, 62 weekdays, 103 second weekend

TDK: 158 opening, 80 weekdays, 75 second weekend

JP4: 209 opening, 87 weekdays, ????

Based on the trends we saw with the other two mega blockbusters and based on what we know about May/June/July, it's likely the weekend will be above the weekdays but not a crazy amount above the weekdays like TA1. Something in the 90's is a very reasonable prediction.

• Like 2

oh I love pixar as former LUCASFILM division, and I am working in CG :)

well thanx for asking ! work, kids and trying to manage dolbyatmos at home :)

plus can't wait for SW7 :) fuuuuuuuuuu :)

Marek

Nice. :)

I will always love Lucasfilm. When I recently watched the SW7 trailer in the tgeater and the Lucasfilm logo appeared it was mesmerising as it has always been.

This year has been great. JW hits it big. Now hoping the same from Star Wars this December. It will be great.

The only thing that would make it better if they announce a new Indy movie.

Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

Critics don't know humour as well as the general public know humour. Ever spoke to a critic? they are pretentious and usually completely humourless, I wont be letting this guy tell me what's funny and what's not.

You never cease to amaze me, Jessie.

• Like 1

No it isn't. Just look at TA1 in early May and TDK in mid-July. Summer weekdays in mid-June are bound to be much stronger than May but not as strong as mid-July.

TA1: 207 opening, 62 weekdays, 103 second weekend

TDK: 158 opening, 80 weekdays, 75 second weekend

JP4: 209 opening, 87 weekdays, ????

Based on the trends we saw with the other two mega blockbusters and based on what we know about May/June/July, it's likely the weekend will be above the weekdays but not a crazy amount above the weekdays like TA1. Something in the 90's is a very reasonable prediction.

We'll see what happens, Fathers Day being Sunday & zero real competition from sports or entertainment other than Inside Out makes me believe this weekend will do $100m.

We'll see what happens, Fathers Day being Sunday & zero real competition from sports or entertainment other than Inside Out makes me believe this weekend will do $100m.

You're right about Father's Day. That's a second weekend advantage neither TDK nor TA1 had, so it will definitely help JP4. I would love to see 100m weekend. That sets it up to be very close to 400 after 10 days and 600 total becomes very likely at that point.

• Like 1

Cough ... Tele... Miller...Max...Furiosa...Cough

:ph34r:

MM fanboys can be equally annoying. See Dash's incessant posts about how great MM is. "the movie looks better in B&W" is the new "JP has better VFX than JW"

MM fanboys can be equally annoying. See Dash's incessant posts about how great MM is. "the movie looks better in B&W" is the new "JP has better VFX than JW"

I kinda can't wait to watch the no dialogue black & white version :lol: That is coming on the Bluray, right? Hopefully Europe will also get it.

Nice. :)

I will always love Lucasfilm. When I recently watched the SW7 trailer in the tgeater and the Lucasfilm logo appeared it was mesmerising as it has always been.

This year has been great. JW hits it big. Now hoping the same from Star Wars this December. It will be great.

The only thing that would make it better if they announce a new Indy movie.

don't talk about new INDY :) that would too cool too super this year :) I can manage only SW7 info now :D :D

We've been pretty casual with the daily threads for the last couple of days, but yeah, as the numbers come in, we should be focusing on them.

This.

• Like 1