#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

LOL Avatar is not going to be touched by this. Titanic either. But keep dreaming, folks.

Titanic/Avengers domestic going down is very realistic depending on further holds, I'll agree Avatar is in the clear.

Edited by Ozymandias

Passing Avatar shouldn't be written off of course, but it needs to pass Avengers with what, $140m to do so? With a $107m weekend it would be about 30m ahead at this point. So yeah, it probably needs to do $70m+ next weekend to be able to pass Avatar.

• Like 1

Hmm.

I wonder...how many $600M WW grossers could we get this year?

FF7, AOU & JW already did it..so what's next?

Star Wars, MJII, Spectre, Minions, IO, and Mission Impossible Rogue Nation will all get to that mark.

By the way, go San Andreas! The drops for it have been great for the genre. Well deserved...I actually prefer it to JW and AoU. :ph34r:

San Andreas is a huge success, but Jurassic World really hurt it OS. Definitely left a lot of money on the table, but this was huge for The Rock's solo movie reputation.

About Frozen, well, its just another simple, absolutely predictable story. The two female leads well, just like in Tangled, but with another female on screen...

The only simple and absolutely predictable story here is your trollish post.

tumblr_n6inqt6pR01sxggwwo1_500.gif

• Like 1

All movies have competition.  Speaking practically, AVTR didn't have much competition, and zero compared to the monsters facing JW.

I'm not seeing how this has that much more competition. It's not like IO competes for the same audience that JW are. If it has more competition it's more down to that Ted and especially Terminator coming up.

Edited by Dale Cooper