#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I just got a new phone and I'm using voice to text. Apparently voice to text does not understand the word franchise so it said French lol I missed that when I was editing the post lol

That's funny, I actually thought "Wait..James hates the French?"... Then I realised it must have been the case of autocorrect gone wrong. So it's voice to text then. :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

It's good to see that all the movies (limited and wide) that opens this weekend are all fresh in RT.

I love that Friday estimates for Inside Out from RTH. I hope it stays above that number.

Two to three records smashed this weekend alone. Holy crispy crap.

Counting from the previous friday this is turning out to be one of the best ten days in the history of box-office ever.

Edited by Infernus

Do u hate the French, James? Lol

Of course I do. They are French.

Actually, I consider Napoleon the greatest man that ever lived.

For once i hope Rth overestimated a film.

So full of hate towards IO Baumer. So much hate. Nz, nz, nz. :P

• Like 1

AVTR had independent investors.  So did JW.  So do most all tentpole movies nowadays.

You see all those flashy logos swirling around before movies?  Yeah?  Those are put there by people who pay for the movie.  Do you understand?

Now, to be clear, you're claiming that JW had "more hype" than AVTR.  Because contemporaneous media (Slate: "Years of hype". BOM: "Massive amount of hype" indicate you are dead wrong and trying to re-write history in your hilarious quest to make AVTR sound like a small indie movie, we're going go have to ask for some proof of that claim.  Thanks!

Let me get this straight:

1) your proof of Avatar having more hype than JW: a couple of phrase some media used, like "years of hype" and "massive amount of hype"

(BTW exaggeration is commonly found on media, such as this article on Slate that was trying to say "Godzilla closely recreates the old-Spielberg-all-time-classic quality plot-wise and visual-wise" http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2014/05)/godzilla_and_spielberg_what_gareth_edwards_2014_reboot_draws_from_jaws_jurassic.html)

2) my proof of JW having more hype than Avatar: JW breaking the OW record and grossed more in one day than Avatar did on the OW.

And you're calling me dead wrong and asking me to offer some solid proof? WOW

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Yes but my hate towards Pixar is justified. They make horrible movies. your hate towards Star Wars is ridiculous as they are fantastic movies. :)

• Like 1

Yes but my hate towards Pixar is justified. They make horrible movies. your hate towards Star Wars is ridiculous as they are fantastic movies. :)

I am ready to accept that with ROTS. But the rest and esp the OT. But maybe it's just my generation. Also, your tastes are questionable :P

Also:

sith-absolute.jpg

So you like the Dark Side Baumer? :P  Good. Very good. :stamp:  

I don't know which side of baumer annoys more people on this site: his hatred on Pixar, or his hard-on on Michael Bay (particularly films like TF2).

• Like 1