#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I mean a kid could, but they might walk out of the theater worse for the wear. I hear 5-7 year old kids who deal with that with no trauma end up liking movies like The Fault In Our Stars, Transformers, etc.

And Bee Movie

• Like 1

Jaws is really gory. It should be rated R. Way more gory than Deep Blue Sea which is rated R. 

Some of the PG films from the late 70s to early 80s astound me. Everything from full frontal nudity to severed body parts.

• Like 2

I mean a kid could, but they might walk out of the theater worse for the wear. I hear 5-7 year old kids who deal with that with no trauma end up liking movies like The Fault In Our Stars, Transformers, etc.

:mellow:

You guys are underestimating the maturity of younglings

Not by much judging by how he reacted to the first JP. And even if JW has less actual scares, I'd rather not be desensitizing him to violence and enabling the MPAA's view that sex and profanity are more offensive.

Edited by tribefan695

Minions bowed in four international markets this week and has so far collected $12M in 615 runs. The Universal Pictures and Illumination Entertainment animated film opened No. 1 everywhere except for Australia where it was No. 2 to Universal’s Jurassic World, which is on track stateside to gross well over $100M for the weekend. Kids are off of school Down Under which will help propel box office there. In Malaysia, it not only opened to No. 1 but opened 72% bugger than Despicable Me 2 and logged the highest opening day of all time for an animated film in the country ahead of Kung Fu Panda and Toy Story 3. In Singapore, Minions debuted to a No. 2 slot behind Jurassic World, but opened 32% higher than DM2 which bowed on the same date in 2013. Minions opens stateside on July 10th.

Six more markets open next weekend: Brazil, New Zealand, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, and the U.K. and Ireland.

For anyone wondering, Australian schools are NOT off. It is still the school term.