#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

So a $105M weekend is possible? That would be a sub-50% drop, which is awesome since no film in the top 20 OW's had a sub-50% drop second weekend. Sure some people will call it cheating because of the Father's Day inflation, but who cares, still an amazing feat for any huge film.

Well then I guess MOS cheated on OW lol.

Wanting to weaponize dinosaurs while making no attempt to understand or appreciate them beyond his perception of them as a tool to be used against whatever foe he chooses.

Come on Tele, you live in SoCal, you should have "Bad Military Industrial Complex" hardwired into your neural cortex

SPOILERS--------- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edited by Mitch

What they shouldve done:

with Zara was just have the pterodactyl scoop her up and drop her in the tank, and the masosaur swiftly scoops her up. There the end.

We didn't really need her being pecked apart and trashed and drowned. Just do a quick drop and boom. You accomplished your goal without making it gratuitous.

• Like 2

I didn't like Eddie's death. I enjoyed the JP4 death you're complaining about. It was awesome, lol.

I think his death is a bit worse in the book. In the book, he and the group are fighting off raptors while in the high hide. He's using a wrench or something to that extent and while swinging, a raptor grabs his arm and tosses him out and they all descend upon him and eat him alive and fight over his remains. 

The paradox of CGI dinos in JW is in fact they are way more detailed : skin, textures, lighting, resolution, polygon numbers, colors.

And that s where you enter the uncanny valley, where the more photo real details you add, the more you realize you re  watching CGI.

Or something like that, dunno if I am clear. There s a paradox  people don t understand so they say old cgi look better than current CGI.

But trust me, watch the CGI dinos from 93,97 & 2001 & they are rough as hell.

Edited by The Futurist

Wanting to weaponize dinosaurs while making no attempt to understand or appreciate them beyond his perception of them as a tool to be used against whatever foe he chooses.

Come on Tele, you live in SoCal, you should have "Bad Military Industrial Complex" hardwired into your neural cortex

I do. :P But the movie needs to do a better job of selling me than just mumbling that and expecting me to go along for the ride.

Given how things were presented in the movie, he made as much sense as anyone else, and frankly had a much better general idea of what to do than anyone else. Man, I was rooting for him!

• Like 1

I do. :P But the movie needs to do a better job of selling me than just mumbling that and expecting me to go along for the ride.

Given how things were presented in the movie, he made as much sense as anyone else, and frankly had a much better general idea of what to do than anyone else. Man, I was rooting for him!

I don't think

Waving a hand at a raptor and saying "Hey we're on the same side"

is even remotely close to having any general idea of what to do. His character basically tried to fit everything that happened into his agenda, made further leaps of incredulity as things got more out of hand, up to the point where his perception and goals utterly broke with reality.

I don't think

Waving a hand at a raptor and saying "Hey we're on the same side"

is even remotely close to having any general idea of what to do. His character basically tried to fit everything that happened into his agenda, made further leaps of incredulity as things got more out of hand, up to the point where his perception and goals utterly broke with reality.

Sure, by the end he was loony-tunes. I'm talking early on.