#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

13M might be a little too low.

15 is possible, but the biggest argument against it is that JW made 17.8 on Thursday. Usually a Thursday/Monday weekday drop is going to be a bit more than that this ealy in a movie's run.

But it may very well be close to 15.

With a 60% drop from 38m, 15m is definitely doable. 

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

I loved Bryce Dallas Howard's character too.

I'm gonna see Jurassic World again. Taking my Mum to see it in IMAX next week. She usually doesn't bother with the cinema much. She said the other night that the first film was incredible in the cinema back in the day.

That's 4 quadrant right there.

• Like 1

If it does that it might rival Avatar's 3rd weekend.

Jurassic World's Friday and Saturday were both below Avengers this weekend so yeah that's not happening. If its above 55m that would be a win.

With a 60% drop from 38m, 15m is definitely doable. 

15 for Monday is not impossible, but that would be a really good hold from a 17.8 Thursday. Especially when you consider the huge number of people that saw it on the weekend between that Thursday and Monday. Avengers dropped 36% (from 12.4 to 7.9) on it's similar Thursday-to-Monday drop. Dark Knight also dropped that exact same 36% (from 16.4 to 10.5).

That said, a similar drop for JW would put it at 11.4, and I don't think anyone thinks it will drop that much.

My bad... you are correct.  I obviously need to see it again if I forget such details.

Funny... in my quick search on what actually happened I came across many who hate that scene... from hard core feminists using it as an example of why this film hates woman to people like you that feel that movie deaths have to follow a formula.

I, for one, believe she did deserve to die.

I fail to see the difference from this death and the opening scene from Jaws.

I fail to see how she DESERVED to die.

Sure she wasn't the nicest of people from what we saw but I mean all she really did was fail to properly look after them. And honestly I don't even think I can blame her entirely for that. She was sort of stuck with the job her boss gave her not to mention it's not like they require constant care I mean Zach should have been old enough to look after his younger brother.

Plus they specifically ran off to get away from her it's not like she LOST them or anything.

Sure maybe this makes her not exactly the best or most caring guardian but does that really mean she DESERVES a horrific death?

• Like 2

Why do all of JW's daily estimates - almost every one, going back to opening day - heavily lowball actuals?

It's a safe bet Father's Day was the main source of its Sunday boost, so I have to predict Monday will be sub 15m, for sure.  With a heavy heart.

Jurassic World's Friday and Saturday were both below Avengers this weekend so yeah that's not happening. If its above 55m that would be a win.

A $15m Monday would put it around a $12m Thursday. +65, +40, and -30% Fri/Sat/Sun holds is all it would need to equal Avatar's 3rd weekend. But this is all assuming it were to make $15m Monday. $12-13m is probably more likely.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Why do all of JW's daily estimates - almost every one, going back to opening day - heavily lowball actuals?

because this thing is setting all-time records for biggest opening /we/week/days/etc ever

how can the estimates possibly not be underestimated?

• Like 1

A $15m Monday would put it around a $12m Thursday. +65, +40, and -30% Fri/Sat/Sun holds is all it would need to equal Avatar's 3rd weekend. But this is all assuming it were to make $15m Monday. $12-13m is probably more likely.

Yeah a 15m Monday is not happening either, it will be closer to 13m

lol 400m+ in 10 days.... it s not others film did poorly like frozen TDK or so that s THIS movie whitch is an unstoppable beast....

From a guy who love frozen's box office run lol.... outstanding....

To anyone who still believes otherwise - This is now completely and definitely locked and sure of passing Avengers!

Although chances for 650m are still around, maybe even slightly better than, 50:50.

Edited by Infernus
  • Like 1