#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

JW 2d weekend is definitively within my expectation. But IO putting up a very good numbers on OW against that beast kind of surprises me a bit. It sure is a great movie by most standards. And what will amaze me the most is that 2 film each with over $100m in the same weekend could happen!!

Is that also a record?

JW 2d weekend is definitively within my expectation. But IO putting up a very good numbers on OW against that beast kind of surprises me a bit. It sure is a great movie by most standards. And what will amaze me the most is that 2 film each with over $100m in the same weekend could happen!!

Is that also a record?

It's a record and then some. The highest weekend for a #2 film isn't even $70M...

See above. Newman is great too. But yeah.

Plot holes in JP are - ALMOST - as bad as CAPTAIN AMERICA 2.

I never notice these things. I swear I don't remember plot holes in CA2 :lol: 

• Like 1

I never notice these things. I swear I don't remember plot holes in CA2 :lol:

Only bad thing about CA2 was that it went from smaller scale political thriller to enormous scale superhero CGI fest in the third act. Basically just fulfilling the required/expected third act from audiences and shareholders, but the political thriller part of it was great.

Only bad thing about CA2 was that it went from smaller scale political thriller to enormous scale superhero CGI fest in the third act. Basically just fulfilling the required/expected third act from audiences and shareholders, but the political thriller part of it was great.

That is not a plot hole. That was an awesome CGI action fest. 

Holy crap, that's great for both. We're looking at 2 100M+ OWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

34.2M

35M

31.5M

100.7M OW for IO, with similar multiplier as previous Pixar greats, we're looking at 400M+ total as well. 

29M

42M

40M

111M for JW. Shattering the record from TA1. At this point, 600M is a done deal and potentially, it has a shot at 700M maybe even Avatar, holy crap.  

• Like 1

Well, wouldn't say that's the only bad thing, but that's definitely the worst thing. And the fact that they have to do the whole "put the chip in the ship" thing THREE TIMES just cuz is hilarious

Holy crap, that's great for both. We're looking at 2 100M+ OWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

34.2M

35M

31.5M

100.7M OW for IO, with similar multiplier as previous Pixar greats, we're looking at 400M+ total as well. 

29M

42M

40M

111M for JW. Shattering the record from TA1. At this point, 600M is a done deal and potentially, it has a shot at 700M maybe even Avatar, holy crap.  

Note: this Sunday is Father's Day, so i wouldn't say Shatter...

Edited by Mitch