#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

lol why does everyone keep referencing the word crumbling? =P

I MISSED SOMETHING I DON'T GET IT

Focus said JW was crumbling this weekend because it wouldn't be able to beat Avengers's 2nd weekend record :lol: 

• Like 1

By Est.Tckt.Sales

This weekend:

Jurassic World Uni. 12,563,900

Inside Out BV11,213,800

2004 MD:

Shrek 2 DW 11,621,600

The Day After Tomorrow Fox 11,069,800

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=&yr=2004&wknd=22&adjust_yr=1&p=.htm

said it earlier...so not even by ticket sales, JW will go up with actuals

Urgghhh BOM don't take 3d into account, I don't see why you are ignoring this important bit of information, so yeah it is ahead in ticket sales.  You seriously need to use your head for once, its no debate, TDAT sold more tickets, end of story.

Edited by jessie

Urgghhh BOM don't take 3d into account, I don't see why you are ignoring this important bit of information, so yeah it is ahead in ticket sales.  You seriously need to use your head for once, its no debate, TDAT sold more tickets, end of story.

seh6p.gif

• Like 1

TDAT - 89.8 adjusted OW

IO - 90.4m

Inside out had 3d, not hard to come to a conclusion is it?

There is also the kid price factor that is impossible to figure out. That's honestly the hardest part to adjust from the average price on BOM. Animated movies are probably always underestimated. I think when you factor in 3D for Inside Out and factor in adult prices for Day After Tomorrow, they are very, very close in admissions. Just my two cents.

• Like 1

There is also the kid price factor that is impossible to figure out. That's honestly the hardest part to adjust from the average price on BOM. Animated movies are probably always underestimated. I think when you factor in 3D for Inside Out and factor in adult prices for Day After Tomorrow, they are very, very close in admissions. Just my two cents.

Pixar movies tend to draw in far more adults than your average animation pics, hence why they tend to be fairly frontloaded during the opening weekends. I dont think kid tickets is enough to make up for the lack of 3d on TDAT's behalf, then there's IMAX.

Pixar movies tend to draw in far more adults than your average animation pics, hence why they tend to be fairly frontloaded during the opening weekends. I dont think kid tickets is enough to make up for the lack of 3d on TDAT's behalf, then there's IMAX.

What about IMAX? Neither film had it. JP4 is still playing on all domestic IMAX screens. Fox didn't do IMAX in 2004 at all. Only WB was doing IMAX around that time.

What was Inside Out's 3D ratio? That's the big question.

What about IMAX? Neither film had it. JP4 is still playing on all domestic IMAX screens. Fox didn't do IMAX in 2004 at all. Only WB was doing IMAX around that time.

What was Inside Out's 3D ratio? That's the big question.

Im trying to find that out, BOM aren't reporting it.

As for IMAX, my local IMAX is playing it, at least that's what the guy working there told me.