#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

So all you people that were complaining about Ted 2 having the weekend all to itself...how do you feel now? Ted 2, IO, and JW all have shots at 55+, but even 60+ is in play for all 3 next weekend. 

The holdovers will basically be openers. You can't just look at the calendar and how many movies are coming out, you have to look at the movie and its potential box office.

First weekend ever with 3 movies over 50M is coming.

Yeah, JP4 is set up for a great run. July weekdays have even more kids out of school than June, plus double features with Minions at the drive in will boost it even more. That's why I think Johnny is pretty close to right when he says 650 is a done deal.

I agree. WOM is crazy strong plus getting into thick of summer, 700M is on the table which is just beyond belief.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Usually, I'd agree. But, honestly, even sans Father's Day, it grosses $100M+ this past weekend after the preceding weekdays swallowed up nearly $90M of demand. I don't buy it... This movie's a different animal. Dr. Wu. engineered a box office hybrid. A freakish, mutant earner. Most expected less than $100M going into the past weekend and it easily trumped that.

It could have missed $100m sans father's day.

So all you people that were complaining about Ted 2 having the weekend all to itself...how do you feel now? Ted 2, IO, and JW all have shots at 55+, but even 60+ is in play for all 3 next weekend. 

The holdovers will basically be openers. You can't just look at the calendar and how many movies are coming out, you have to look at the movie and its potential box office.

After talking about biggest 2nd place movie this weekend, what's the record for biggest 3rd place movie?

Aww, someones salty.

As I said, it all comes down to China here.

San Andreas has done great there while Furiosa doesn t have a release date.

Mad Max just got released in Japan.

Edited by The Futurist

WOM is crazy strong plus getting into thick of summer, 700M is on the table which is just beyond belief.

Agreed. The Internet doesn't want to admit it but WOM is similar to TDK/TA1 (maybe even stronger for JP4) with Joe Schmoe regular moviegoer who doesn't give a flip about rating movies on the Internet. It also appeals to a more universal group of people. Even old people are fascinated by dinosaurs whereas they might be more likely to skip a superhero movie no matter how strong the WOM is.

• Like 6

Ted 2 is going to do 60m+, SPY and Entourage haven't taken enough demand away, and the market is open for R-rated comedy. Families are having a ball, its time for the adults to come out and play.