#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Your math isn't very good. 200 divided by 100 = a 2 multiplier, not a 3 multiplier. It's actually under a 1.9 multiplier since the film made over 106 for the weekend.

he/she is saying that JW doing 600 is like a 100M opener getting 3x multiplier.

JW would need to have some pretty nasty drops to miss 600m at this point. That sub-50% drop last weekend says a lot on where it's heading.

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 1

The holds should become stronger, as they do for most films, the longer it's in theaters. You mentioned a $100M+ OW. Well, that's different, because usually a $100M OW is followed by a 60% drop in its second weekend and then a 50% drop in its third weekend. The largest drops week to week and weekend to weekend usually occur earlier in the DOM box office run.

Thanks. But can it keeps on holding well with quite a lot of competitions for both audience and screen counts?

and I just edited mine lol.

And who's to say the WOM isn't as strong as TDK's or TA? Its holding pretty damn well.

Those movie got a lot of raving reviews everywhere when they came out, JW does not.

Thanks. But can it keeps on holding well with quite a lot of competitions for both audience and screen counts?

Those movie got a lot of raving reviews everywhere when they came out, JW does not.

Reviews don't mean shit to the general public. Cant use that to gauge WOM. Look at Mad Max

hell Ted had a lower RT score than JW, but its WOM was very strong, same goes for The Hangover.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

They are better examples than the one I gave lol. hell even POTC 1 didn't have amazing reviews

Pirates 1 is the best example. 79% but I swear that movie had close to 100% audience approval when it first came out. Everyone loved it. Captain Jack was such a crowd pleaser.

• Like 1

Basically, Shrek 2 had a ton of appeal for the adult and child audience. It did that really really well.

I doubt Shrek 2 will EVER be beaten DOM in the future. I mean not even the mighty Toy Story 3 could do it. :wacko:

Finding Dory will do it with ease

• Like 1

It's not missing 600m.

I remember when TA1 had its 103m second weekend and there were people who insisted it wouldn't do 600m lol!

That drop is perfectly fine for a second Monday big huge opener coming off of an slightly inflated Sunday due to FD. JW will cruise to 600 from here. It's definitely going to be close to Titanic.

Reviews don't mean shit to the general public. Cant use that to gauge WOM. Look at Mad Max

hell Ted had a lower RT score than JW, but its WOM was very strong, same goes for The Hangover.

outliers doesn't make the rule.

Pirates 1 is the best example. 79% but I swear that movie had close to 100% audience approval when it first came out. Everyone loved it. Captain Jack was such a crowd pleaser.

I actually think it's a less than stellar example. Audiences seemed to love that one more so than Jurassic World. Not to mention, Depp's standout performance became legend and even earned him a Best Actor nomination. Dead Man's Chest and Transformers are the two that I think serve best as comparisons, especially Transformers.