#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

When someone has just died, let people express their feelings however they please, and don't fucking dictate what they should be feeling or question their sincerity.

Some people in this place have zero empathy, seriously.

• Like 8

Just opened my iFunny app for the first time in awhile, and one of the features was the gif of Chris Pratt dancing in cash. People in the comments section are talking trash about how SW7 will beat it.

This box office performance is so legendary, even people who don't follow box office are talking about it. THAT is how you know it's amazing!

• Like 2

I'll only say this once, but the way I view a person's death is related to the life they lived and the way they passed.

I was sad when Christopher Lee passed, but knew that he lived a long and fulfilling life.

Dusty Rhodes was in retirement, but I was still torn when he died because he was vital to the development of younger wrestlers and he seemed committed to getting healthier in his last few months.

Paul Walker and James Horner, their deaths happened as they were still creating, entertaining, and had more to give to their professions, let alone their personal lives.  They were vibrant individuals who didn't get their retirement tour, didn't get their walk into the sunset.  They were here one day and gone the next, just taken from this earth right in the prime of their lives.

On the other hand, here's the funny thing with entertainers and artists.  They never really die.  Their heart stops beating, but their work is immortal.  I can watch a Dean Martin movie, listen to a Miles Davis album, and read an Ian Fleming novel.  Their work literally can last for centuries.  It's, to a degree, timeless.  50 years from now, there will be kids getting their first exposure to Robin Williams and it will feel as fresh to them as it did to us.

• Like 6

When someone has just died, let people express their feelings however they please, and don't fucking dictate what they should be feeling or question their sincerity.

Some people in this place have zero empathy, seriously.

That's probably how they want people to feel when it's their time. Sad.

• Like 1

Basically, Shrek 2 had a ton of appeal for the adult and child audience. It did that really really well.

I doubt Shrek 2 will EVER be beaten DOM in the future. I mean not even the mighty Toy Story 3 could do it. :wacko:

Unless Disney re-releases The Lion King in theaters again. :)

Thats ridiculous... Why are people so stubborn?

haha oh the irony, you are one of the worst ones on this site when it comes to stubbornness, wont ever admit to being wrong, even when fact slap you in the face.

Thats ridiculous... Why are people so stubborn? Anyways... why do you think he'd mourn for him? For his smile? For his talks? For his playfulness and joyfulness and chuckling that so filled his heart with bliss? Even if it somehow is for selfless reasons didn't I just tell how even that is useless?

You may say - "What bad or good would a child have done?" This makes me believe in reincarnation. I believe that because someone did wrong in his previous birth he got to live such a little life. And now in such a short life he obviously couldn't be paid for all his good deeds or pay for all his bad ones. Thus, he'll be reborn or sent to hel or heaven, temporarily. In any case as long as he keeps doing karma the cycle of rebirths, and joys and pains, will continue. Only enlightenment, freedom from karma cycle by stopping doing any karma and paying or getting paid for all previous ones will lead to break from thus cycle and eternal bliss. But this is all off-topic.

As for another reason I believe in this rebirth thing - why else would everything be so unfair and unequal? Why would some be born rich and some poor? Some healthy and some not? Se blind and some deaf? Some live 100 years and some 20 years? Some born in Denmark and some in Syria? I can only think its because of deeds done in previous birth.

Are you basically saying that those who are born in 3rd world countries probably deserve it because the religion you believe in has taught you that they were obviously assholes in a previous life? That's actually kind of racist you know, and heartless peppered with stupidity.

• Like 2

haha oh the irony, you are one of the worst ones on this site when it comes to stubbornness, wont ever admit to being wrong, even when fact slap you in the face.

What? We only argued twice. Both times an absolute answer couldn't be found. Still the first time when we were arguing abiut which one -FF7 or Frozen, was more impressive i specifically stated that your points have changed my opinions and that I no longer feel there to be much difference and that they were more or less on par. You, though, refused to acknowledge my points till the end.

The second time, yesterday, when we argued about TDAT and IO you were saying that 3D should be considered too and that way its clear that it sold more tickets while I was saying that other things like the movies appeal have to be considered. An absolute answer could not be reached. But you kept saying - 'its clear. The facts are clearly stating so etc. Etc." Anyways since you yourself said that you dont really want to argue further, I didn't. But i still admitted that maybe it did sell more tickets indeed. Why is it me who's stubborn?

What? We only argued twice. Both times an absolute answer couldn't be found. Still the first time when we were arguing abiut which one -FF7 or Frozen, was more impressive i specifically stated that your points have changed my opinions and that I no longer feel there to be much difference and that they were more or less on par. You, though, refused to acknowledge my points till the end.

The second time, yesterday, when we argued about TDAT and IO you were saying that 3D should be considered too and that way its clear that it sold more tickets while I was saying that other things like the movies appeal have to be considered. An absolute answer could not be reached. But you kept saying - 'its clear. The facts are clearly stating so etc. Etc." Anyways since you yourself said that you dont really want to argue further, I didn't. But i still admitted that maybe it did sell more tickets indeed. Why is it me who's stubborn?

I never said I wasn't stubborn, I'd happily admit to being stubborn, im British at the end of the day, it comes part and parcel. I just found it ironic when you (another stubborn fellow) called other people on this site stubborn.

As for Frozen and Furious 7, I don't even remember talking about those 2 films with you.

Are you basically saying that those who are born in 3rd world countries probably deserve it because the religion you believe in has taught you that they were obviously assholes in a previous life? That's actually kind of racist you know, and heartless peppered with stupidity.

Huh? Where did religion prop in between? What I said was my own belief though clearly influenced by a lot of pre-existing philosophies. Anyways that was just an example. I didnt really mean that. What I was trying ti show was being born in a war-ridden country where human rights are nothing vs a country topping 'happy' charts. Still maybe i shouldn't have named particular countries. Sorry, my bad.