#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

Extra steep drop for Jurassic too. Nearly a 54% drop when compared last Monday. Ruh roh.

Last Monday was boosted by spillover from opening weekend sellouts. The Dark Knight dropped 57% on its second Monday from first Monday. Ended up with a 43% weekend hold. JP4 should jump a lot for Tuesday's number whereas it dropped 4% last Tuesday.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 3

:mellow: Can someone please enlighten me?

A lot of you seem to imply that 600m for JW is 'almost' a given. But it needs another 200m to reach that number coming off 100m weekend. That would be equal to expecting 3x from a 100m opener. Considering that it's going to face tough competitions every damn week from now on (meaning the loss of screen from week to week) and less than spectacular WOM, isn't it more likely to go under 600m rather than over? :mellow:

Last year the only 90m+ opener with over 3x multiplier were GOTG. Even the awesome Cap2 failed to do so.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JW and hope it could do indominus number but I'd rather keep my expectation to a realistic level.

Edited by KATCH 22

:mellow: Can someone please enlighten me.

A lot of you seem to imply that 600m for JW is 'almost' a given. But it needs another 200m to reach that number coming off 100m weekend. That would be equal to expecting 3x from a 100m opener. Considering that it's going to face tough competitions every damn week from now on (meaning the loss of screen from week to week) and less than stellar WOM, isn't it more likely to go under 600m rather than over? :mellow:

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE JW and hope it could do indominus number but I'd rather keep my expectation to a realistic level.

less than stellar WOM? lol, you lost me.

BTW, getting a 3 times multiplier is hard for a 100m opener, but this wont perform like a 100m opener, its drops will be less steep given the fact its already burned off a lot of demand.

As for competition, when are you people going to learn that competition wont hurt a film which is receiving positive WOM, it only majorly effects shitty received movies. Atleast that's what history seems to show.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

A lot of you seem to imply that 600m for JW is 'almost' a given. But it needs another 200m to reach that number coming off 100m weekend. That would be equal to expecting 3x from a 100m opener. Considering that it's going to face tough competitions every damn week from now on (meaning the loss of screen from week to week) and less than stellar WOM, isn't it more likely to go under 600m rather than over? :mellow:

The holds should become stronger, as they do for most films, the longer it's in theaters. You mentioned a $100M+ OW. Well, that's different, because usually a $100M OW is followed by a 60% drop in its second weekend and then a 50% drop in its third weekend. The largest drops week to week and weekend to weekend usually occur earlier in the DOM box office run.

• Like 2

A lot of you seem to imply that 600m for JW is 'almost' a given. But it needs another 200m to reach that number coming off 100m weekend. That would be equal to expecting 3x from a 100m opener. Considering that it's going to face tough competitions every damn week from now on (meaning the loss of screen from week to week) and less than spectacular WOM, isn't it more likely to go under 600m rather than over? :mellow:

Last year the only 90m+ opener with over 3x multiplier were GOTG. Even the awesome Cap2 failed to do so.

Your math isn't very good. 200 divided by 100 = a 2 multiplier, not a 3 multiplier. It's actually under a 1.9 multiplier since the film made over 106 for the weekend.

• Like 1

I just edit it to less than spectacular.

Compare to some other top grossers (TA, Titanic, TDK, etc) of course.

and I just edited mine lol.

And who's to say the WOM isn't as strong as TDK's or TA? Its holding pretty damn well.

Edited by jessie

Your math isn't very good. 200 divided by 100 = a 2 multiplier, not a 3 multiplier. It's actually under a 1.9 multiplier since the film made over 106 for the weekend.

It's at 400m now so it needs another 200m to get to 600m, does it not? :mellow: