#ED

Weekend Actuals: Inside Out - 90.44M | Jurassic World - 106.59M

If you were the right age for JP1, this movie just nailed it IMHO. Those little kids DAR talked about are the right age now to create an even bigger fanbase 20 years from now. You'll have all the little kids from 1993 and all the little kids from 2015 all wanting to revisit that world.

Kids+ dinos are a helluva combination. I know I thought there was nothing cooler when I was 8 or so.

If shes not busy crying over Peeta or Gayel...

Yeah i went there. Im tryna some shit up in here. Up in here.

No, Katniss will be crying that she has actual competition this year going up against SW instead of the Floppit movies. :ph34r:

True, nostalgia can be a powerful draw if played right, and you're dead on about the likes of TA,TDK, and Avatar not having that to their advantage like JW does.

If you were the right age for JP1, this movie just nailed it IMHO. Those little kids DAR talked about are the right age now to create an even bigger fanbase 20 years from now. You'll have all the little kids from 1993 and all the little kids from 2015 all wanting to revisit that world.

Which is why I shudder to think what SW7 could make in December, if it gets great WOM. Potential is limitless.  :blink:

• Like 2

Kids+ dinos are a helluva combination. I know I thought there was nothing cooler when I was 8 or so.

I felt so bad for this little kid the other day begging his mom to let him see it. She wouldn't budge. He really, really wanted to see it. Probably 4 years old.

• Like 2

This should be called the "Star Wars Generational Effect".  The prequels (and eventually The Force Awakens) benefited from the kids who saw the originals now being old enough to have children of their own.

Everyone my age or younger received exposure of Star Wars from watching it with their parents, either at home or in cinemas during the Special Edition rerelease.

• Like 1

No doubt, I was around 8 when JP1 came out as well and I remember watching that movie endless. This run by JW is just showing how beloved JP1 was, one of the best blockbusters ever.  :D  

• Like 3

No doubt, I was around 8 when JP1 came out as well and I remember watching that movie endless. This run by JW is just showing how beloved JP1 was, one of the best blockbusters ever.  :D  

92-93 was a great time to be a kid. Batman Returns and Jurassic Park. The toys...oh man, the toys for those two movies!

• Like 2

This should be called the "Star Wars Generational Effect".  The prequels (and eventually The Force Awakens) benefited from the kids who saw the originals now being old enough to have children of their own.

Everyone my age or younger received exposure of Star Wars from watching it with their parents, either at home or in cinemas during the Special Edition rerelease.

Not only that, but there's all the kid's who watched the Clone Wars animated show and are now watching Rebels.

If the movie is even remotely good it's gonna do 500m.

Lol HG doesn't have the same finale factor that movies like DH2 or ROTS had. Its increase will be much less than those two movies

Why so mean ?

Katniss wants happiness for all Panem.

• Like 1

JW 2nd weekend hold is the most impressive box office feat, I've witnessed. Dropping only 49%, after record breaking OW with 87M+ demand burned off during the week and another 90M opener to boot. I'm not sure anything will top this for a while. 

• Like 3

92-93 was a great time to be a kid. Batman Returns and Jurassic Park. The toys...oh man, the toys for those two movies!

94-95 was amazing for my 4-5 year old self with TLK and Toy Story mania hitting those years. You don't even wanna know the merch I had from both of those movies...

Ima still be there, Im not a hater. Im just tired of those two dudes by now and want to see Katniss kick ass, not sob like a 7th grade girl.

Non book readers are gonna bitch so much about what this gif is really about ...