kayumanggi

RAMPAGE | 13 April 2018 | Warner Brothers | Dwayne Johnson

4 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

Is there any good candies to eat before this?  smoking marijuana and walking to the theater is to much buzzkill and does not seem to be working out.  Candies SUCK for the movie experience, but there has got to be something good.  Smoking gets you baked right away and then after 2 hours, your good.  

On 4/5/2018 at 4:57 AM, Thematrixfilm said:

Love, Simon was a lot funnier than I thought it would be.  The obnoxious character when he dressed as the 'Freudian slip' for Halloween, one of my favorites...  and the Star Spangled Banner scene... I was holding in the laughing but trying not to pee my pants.  I walked to the theater and got super stoned on the way there.  I do not react well with THC, I get overly sensitive, and usually VFX films are my best bet in such circumstances, so going in alone to a PG-13 high school rom-com felt as awkward as it could possibly be when I am at least ten years older than these characters.  I was even debating with watching Midnight Sun instead..

Caution to large groups... the theater seats you sit on might be measuring your pulse.  The air rests and flooring are firm and one has to put pressure on their limbs for up to 100 minutes in such environment. there is a lot of contact with pressure points.  

Do you ever see movies while not high?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

Do you ever see movies while not high?

yes, but soda or exercise or some kind of stimulant is still required. 

probably went to theater 100+ times up to Sept 2017 while not high and it made the experience better as far as remembering the movie and understanding everything all at once.  *it also limited repeat viewings by huge margin

it is something to do, costs less than popcorn, it wears off by the middle of the movie, and probably most theaters have beer on tap anyways. or a frappuccino machine 

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

yes, but soda or exercise or some kind of stimulant is still required. 

probably went to theater 100+ times up to Sept 2017 while not high and it made the experience better as far as remembering the movie and understanding everything all at once.  *it also limited repeat viewings by huge margin

it is something to do, costs less than popcorn, it wears off by the middle of the movie, and probably most theaters have beer on tap anyways. or a frappuccino machine 

:winomg:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

any production budget yet for this?  

Rumor are of a very reasonable low 115m:

https://www.thewrap.com/rampage-stomps-into-theaters-looking-for-big-overseas-launch/

That sound really low, I imagine that is the kind of movie that if it would have not done well Deadline, some sources think it is more around 140m if not more....

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

If the prod budget is sub-125, 3x+ that globally shouldn't be difficult. But I hope China does not carry all the weight and Dom at least does 75-80.

85 dom + 140 Ch + 175 os-Ch = 400

85*0.55 + 140*0.25 + 175*0.33 = 140 theatrical revenue

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Barnack said:

That sound really low, I imagine that is the kind of movie that if it would have not done well Deadline, some sources think it is more around 140m if not more....

this is New Line

On 02.04.2018 at 1:24 AM, KeepItU25071906 said:

I don't think it's bigger than 125 mln.

15 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

this is New Line

It is true that it is relatively lower key:

Production Companies

I would not think New Line have a max budget by WB too and it is a Dwayne Johnson fighting monster in what had the potential to be a giant world release title affair, Angelina Jolie was getting 125.88m net for something like SALT (144.07m today) not so long ago, that would be sign that the budget are really going down and down and not just for the comedy genre, if it is close to the truth (say just the usual 10-15% massaged down).

Edited by Barnack

9 minutes ago, November Treejax said:

The independent put their review up then quickly took it down, all I can see is the title.

"Rampage review: Dwayne Johnson's new film has completely lost the plot"

Isn't it kind of late for reviews to still not be allowed up?

17 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would not think New Line have a max budget by WB 

It's not about "have" it's more about Emmerich politic's. I see a lower budgets for all WB in the near future (and it's absolutely right for studio).

When Disney makes  "The Jungle Book" with 175 mln budget, and you (WB) spent 180 mln for "Tarzan" with lesser potential - it's already incorrect in any ways.

Edited by KeepItU25071906

8 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Isn't it kind of late for reviews to still not be allowed up?

It is, less worrisome because it is a WB release and they often do it even for well reviewed title (Wonder Woman, MadMax, It, etc...) but still as late as it get, considering it is playing to regular paying audience in the UK in 5 hours....

They will not be able to stop them by then I would imagine.