Bonenash

Tuesday Actuals: Jurassic World - 13.13M | Inside Out 13.04M

I've said this many times. It's actually a film for adults in disguise. Ha ha.

The best Pixar films are the ones that have things that appeal to everyone. Inside Out is no exception in this regard. 

• Like 2

My thing with IO is that while I loved it and recommended it to my family, I would not take a child to see it. Strangely enough I think it appeals a lot more to adults than to kids.

sooo... it's like Spongebob?

The last 6 months have delivered some big surprises. American Sniper kind of set a trend. Now I wonder if Spectre and make 1b again.

I have a feeling Spectre will since that after Skyfall showed that Bond can still make a good movie and bring in an audience

That's great for Inside Out! My cousins, who are NOT avid animation feature fans just saw the film and said they cried and thought it was the best film they've seen thus far in 2015! :D

That's awesome! How old are they?

That's awesome! How old are they?

The twin boys are both 16 and the girl is 15. 

EDIT: Then there's their little brother who is 5, their little sister who is 8, and their younger but not little brother who is 12. :D 

Edited by CelestialFairyIX

The twin boys are both 16 and the girl is 15.

EDIT: Then there's their little brother who is 5, their little sister who is 8, and their younger but not little brother who is 12. :D

And they ALL loved it? :D

Since it seems Jurassic World will be joining this list by the end of next weekend here is a list of all films in the modern "Event Film" era(1975-2015) which adjust to 500M+ from their first runs*(according to BOM):

1. Star Wars $1.16B

2. Jaws $1.04B

3. Titanic $1.04B

4. E.T. $1.01B

5. Avatar $780M**

6. Jurassic Park $700M

7. The Phantom Menace $690M

8. Return of the Jedi $660M

9. Empire Strikes Back $640M

10. Forrest Gump $640M

11. Raiders of the Lost Ark $630M

12. The Avengers $620M**

13. The Lion King $610M

14. The Dark Knight $600M

15. Grease $580M

16. Shrek 2 $580M

17. Independence Day $560M

18. Spider-Man $560M

19. Beverly Hills Cop $550M

20. Home Alone $550M

21. Dead Man's Chest $520M

22. Batman $510M

23. Return of the King $500M

*"First runs" of films from the mid 80s on were heavily affected/shortened by the emerging home video market, which today includes many different avenues, including piracy.

**Significantly boosted by 3-D up-charges

EDIT: All films are rounded to the nearest $10 and in the event of a "tie" older films are put ahead of newer films since inflation adjustment is not an exact science.

Edited by JurAssic Arachnid!™
  • Like 4