baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Nah, POTC follows the SW OT pattern: second better than the first, third worst of all

You think DMC is better than Pearl? What the...

Pirates definitely gets worse by each movie.

• Like 1

Is it controversial to say that the prequels actually somehow manage to get worse as they go along? I would hope not but I know Revenge inexplicably has its fans here.

You'vw made this same point for like two weeks now
  • Like 1

Pirates definitely gets worse by each movie.

DMC is better than PEARL. Yep yep. PEARL introduces Johnny Depp insanity, sure... but it goes on too long and wears out its welcome. DMC is just as convoluted, but unlike PEARL it gets better as it goes and in additional to Captain Jack, it introduces an absolutely fantastic villain. Plus, three-way sword-fight is the best of the action in the whole trilogy.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

Is it controversial to say that the prequels actually somehow manage to get worse as they go along? I would hope not but I know Revenge inexplicably has its fans here.

Isn't Sith in the top best sci-fi movies of all time we did a few months ago here? :lol:

To me, the prequels go like this: Sith > Phantom Menace > Clones

• Like 1

from best to worst

they're all shit though

• Like 1

Nah, POTC follows the SW OT pattern: second better than the first, third worst of all

It's a bit of a tossup in my head. But then again SW is, too. So, perhaps:

ANH = ESB > RotJ > TPM > AotC > RotS

CotBP = DMC > AWE > ST

DMC is better than PEARL. Yep yep.

No no no no no no. Tele, y u do dis to me. 

Pearl is the best. DMC has too much people betraying each other (World's End takes this to a whole new level, tho). I think it is a great blockbuster, but Pearl still wins.

He's actually referring to Passion of the Christ. He thinks Resurrected Jesus is better than Natural Jesus, but that Revelations Jesus is a total letdown.

• Like 2

okay so how is rots worse than phantom

Phantom is better than Clones. Clones is fucking impossible to watch with all that romantic shit between Portman and Christensen.