baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

IRONMAN 3 > The Entire Nolan Bat Trilogy.. There.. I went there.. Come at me Bitches..

Your statements cannot get a reaction out of me BKB, twice you have tried this this weekend, but know now I am liberated and have reached a higher plane of understanding.

• Like 4

they didnt have the Bryce Dallas Howard dinosaur poop scene in the movie, weird

Now you're talkin'.  That Laura Dern poop scene.

12-jurassic-park-poop.w529.h352.2x.jpg

That's the good stuff.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 2

Yes, but it sells a completely different tone of movie than we got. (Yes, IM3 is uneven and messy, but I can just roll with it despite its issues.)

From the trailers, it looked like it would be The Stark Knight Rises, a super villain destroying Tony, forcing him to pull himself out of the metaphorical abyss and face his ultimate arch nemesis that had been teased over the past two films. I shielded myself from most spoilers, so I was kind of disappointed when I saw the actual film. But I got over it.

(I didn't even watch the trailers for Ultron, but from what I hear they also had that "staring into the abyss"/"moral reckoning"/"this is what's going to touch off Civil War" angle)

So having just watched the Alien 3 assembly cut for the first time, its kinda amazing to me that the movie was cut down so much.  I can't see the assembly cut winning over most people who hated Alien 3, but man that version is a significantly better film than the shit we initially got.

Mine was Elysium :ph34r:

Sorry to hear that lol :lol:

Swearing and non-sexual nudity dont raise the rating here so I probably saw my first R at like aged 10.

Same here, that is why I really don't know. 

I don't think JP will have super-long term staying power.

JP will still be remembered and cherished long after most of us here are gone and forgotten.

JW's phenomenal success 22 years after the original and 14 years after the previous sequel is proof that this franchise is still well liked and very relevant around the world (more than SW in some countries). I doubt any franchise except maybe Star Wars could replicate this kind of success. Future JP movies might not be as well recieved as JW (for MOST people) but they will still make a shit load of money and that will be sufficient to keep them coming. However I feel after JW's trilogy is over, they might take another long break and actually remake the original. I'm hoping they stick to the current universe 'forever' but unfortunately a remake is probably going to happen sooner or later.

Just came back from my 6th viewing of JW. Can't wait to go for #7 tomorrow! Long live the Jurassic Park franchise :)

• Like 2