baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

Office Space: funny but if you haven't worked in an office and/or you are  teen, you won't get all the jokes

Anchorman: obviously very funny but not for all tastes

Waynes World: same as above

Ghostbusters: Classic

Airplane: classic

Blazing Saddles: classic

The Jerk: classic

Duck Soup: never seen it

Caddyshack: classic

Just to name a few

My opinion on both Animal House and Caddyshack is just like yours on Animal House, Tony. Neither was laugh-out-loud for me.

I'd recommend National Lampoon's Vacation (the original). That one is definitely laugh-out-loud to me.

I think Christmas Vacation is ab inducing laugh out loud funny.

As for Office Space, I worked in an Office for ten years, it made me laugh until it hurt.  

Ethan's reaction to those movies:

Porky's: American Pie did it better

Fast Times: American Pie 2 did it better

Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Makes no sense, would rather be watching Ted

Back to the future: Hot tub time machine handled time travel better

wtf041.gif

• Like 1

I'm a little shocked that Ethan thinks most comedies suck.  If I may, can I recommend some for you?  This is serious.

Try watching the original Porky's.  The humour transcends age and generation imo.

Try Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  I too think humour is transcendental. Sure,it might look like the 80's but the humour is pretty funny.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is excellent.

Have you seen Back to the Future?

Office Space and Dumb and Dumber also.

• Like 2

I think Christmas Vacation is ab inducing laugh out loud funny.

Strangely enough, when I finally sat down and watched it last Christmas, it didn't make me laugh nearly as much as Vacation did.

The original Vacation trilogy seems to be like the original Indy trilogy, as far as my personal views on them. IMO, the first is undisputedly the best, the second gets too much shit, and while I do enjoy the third, I think it may be held in a bit too high of a regard among some (especially in relation to the second film - i.e., "Temple of Doom/European Vacation sucks, Last Crusade/Christmas Vacation is so much better")

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 1

Office Space and Dumb and Dumber also.

I wanted to like Dumb and Dumber so much when I finally saw it but there were far too little laugh out loud moments IMO. Ace Ventura is much better. Edited by BourneFan #1

Strangely enough, when I finally sat down and watched it last Christmas, it didn't make me laugh nearly as much as Vacation did. (I think I might actually personally enjoy European Vacation more than Christmas Vacation - the same way I and some others enjoy Temple of Doom more than Last Crusade among the Indy films.)

That's okay.  

The satire in Idiocracy may seem childish but it's actually spot on.

Maybe. there just aren't enough good jokes in it for my liking. accurate or no some of it is still a little too easy. 

I actually think Silicon Valley might be my favourite Judge project yet.