baumer

Weekend Thread JW 54.2M, hits 500 | IO 52M | pg 99

The Total Recall remake may have a lot of problems (Jessica Biel and the black dude delivering some of the worst acting ever), but it does have some impressive action sequences...

• Like 2

That's next to impossible. Isn't terminator opening next weekend?

Terminator and Magic Mike XXL open on Wednesday. It is perfectly possible both burn enough demand on the weekdays and on the weekend both lose to JW and IO.

• Like 1

Terminator and Magic Mike XXL open on Wednesday. It is perfectly possible both burn enough demand on the weekdays and on the weekend both lose to JW and IO.

In that case there's a chance I guess. It would be pretty crazy if that actually happened though! :D

What if IO and JW are number 1 and 2 over the weekend again next week?  :ph34r:

It's a real possibility, imo. I think MMXXL will do well enough, but it will be very OD frontloaded just like the first. Still expecting Terminator to not do much. IO and JW are both playing to families well, and that's a big 4th audience so drops should be soft for them next weekend. If IO and JW do 52-55 this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this next weekend:

1/2: JW/IO - 32-35m

3/4: MM/TG - 28-32m

4 movies over 30m would be pretty cool.

• Like 1

So more math, the high end and low end with Rth's numbers factoring a logical drop for both films tomorrow would give each film what?

Both will probably drop in the 20-25% range.

IO with a 21-23 Saturday sees a range of 15.75-18.4

JW with a 22-23 Saturday sees a range of 16.5-18.4

So something in there.

Also, you CAN do this calculation yourself. Pretty much every computer has a calculator. Or you can just google it.

• Like 1

It's a real possibility, imo. I think MMXXL will do well enough, but it will be very OD frontloaded just like the first. Still expecting Terminator to not do much. IO and JW are both playing to families well, and that's a big 4th audience so drops should be soft for them next weekend. If IO and JW do 52-55 this weekend I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like this next weekend:

1/2: JW/IO - 32-35m

3/4: MM/TG - 28-32m

4 movies over 30m would be pretty cool.

4th of July should be a very weak day. I am expecting MMXXL to sink during the weekend.

Edited by CJohn

The Total Recall remake may have a lot of problems (Jessica Biel and the black dude delivering some of the worst acting ever), but it does have some impressive action sequences...

The VFX, the production design ( Tatopolous, french-greek production designer legend), that amazing "elevator scene" were all very nice but damn, it was still bland as hell and Colin Farrell is no action hero material... plus Paul Verheoven-Arnie-Gore-Sharon Stone win at life.

• Like 2