Rorschach

Zack Snyder

In my opinion, he is a totally an underrated filmmaker. Sure, not all of his work is say masterpiece level but he's much better than people give him credit for. In my eyes, he has only made one bad movie (Sucker Punch).

Watchmen- A+

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole- A-

Man of Steel- B+

300- B+

300: Rise of an Empire- B+ (Not directed by him but it still feels like a film of his)

Dawn of the Dead- B

Sucker Punch- D+

Watchmen - 9/10
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - 6.5/10 (It had amazing visuals but not much else)
Man of Steel - 9.5/10 (I know, I know, I am insane and stupid and whatever)
300 - 7.5/10 (300: Rise of an Empire - 7.5/10)
Dawn of the Dead - I have never seen it but I will probably correct this before BvS comes out
Sucker Punch - 3/10 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

One of my favorites despite having only one great film

Watchmen 90/100

Sucker Punch 80/100

Man of Steel 75/100

Legend of the Guardians 70/100

Dawn of the Dead 70/100

300 65/100

Edited by Goffe

He has a nice sense of style but can't make a good movie to save his life.

He's got some interesting ideas but weak ass narration skills is how I'd put it. Like Shyamalan, this is one director who NEEDS stellar scriptwriting, something the likes of Goyer will never offer him.

Also, he pays whiny fanboys TOO much attention. He should just stop and be a devil may care prick like Bay/Ratner etc. He owes them nothing.

He's got some interesting ideas but weak ass narration skills is how I'd put it. Like Shyamalan, this is one director who NEEDS stellar scriptwriting, something the likes of Goyer will never offer him.

Also, he pays whiny fanboys TOO much attention. He should just stop and be a devil may care prick like Bay/Ratner etc. He owes them nothing.

Snyder wished he could write and direct a movie like Unbreakable but it would be stupid to even understand the point and just show Bruce Willis kicking SLJ's ass in slowmo destroying Philadelphia set to Rammstein just because "it's awesome, bro!". It's astounding how tone-deaf and clueless he is about the semiology of filmmaking that when asked about his filming and editing choices, he can hardly justify those like a 14 years old horny teenager stuttering how "cool" and "awesome" are the end and be all of everything.

• Like 1

Snyder wished he could write and direct a movie like Unbreakable but it would be stupid to even understand the point and just show Bruce Willis kicking SLJ's ass in slowmo destroying Philadelphia set to Rammstein just because "it's awesome, bro!". It's astounding how tone-deaf and clueless he is about the semiology of filmmaking that when asked about his filming and editing choices, he can hardly justify those like a 14 years old horny teenager stuttering how "cool" and "awesome" are the end and be all of everything.

Watching/reading interviews with Zack Snyder is freaking hilarious.

2004 - Dawn of the Dead - 92

2006 - 300 - 92

2009 - Watchmen - 96

2010 - Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - not seen

2011 - Sucker Punch ~75

2013 - Man of Steel ~88

2016 - Batman v Superman ~89

2017 - Justice League ~88 (+1)

Edited by dVmatrixmathi5xdU

I’ve only liked two of his films - Man of Steel and Dawn of the Dead. I’d give both around four stars out of five. Justice League would be third but I don’t really consider it his film. That is a Frankenstein movie, but it was enjoyable enough (two and a half stars).

The rest are not good (Watchmen), not good and overrated (300), bad (BvS), or shit (Sucker Punch). Haven’t seen the owl movie.

I’m glad he’s out of the DC universe.