BadAtGender

Tuesday - IO 8.8, JW 7.4, Ted2 3.8 - Gopher Shoots and Scores!

Marvel loonies can't accept defeat, JW is locked to surpass TA with ease, Titanic less likely.

Titanic still likely to happen IMHO. I think it gets to 665+. One thing it has absolutely proven so far is you can forget about comparing it to summer weekday monsters like TDK or DMC. It simply isn't performing like those movies. Far more of a weekend movie, which is a surprise.

• Like 2

It's interesting that we're going to see 600m-DOM grosser more often than 2BN-WW ones. I mean, I think a lot of us would believed the other around due to the big expansion of the OS market during recent years.

Who cares?? If it beats TA, Then great for Universal.. If it doesn't, then it'll be funny to see folks call that a disappointment.. As for calling MARVEL fans loony, you have Excel and Now Kal predicting 230-260M OW for BvsS.. Who the fuck is the loony here??? :rofl: 

All three of you are loonies. :P:)

• Like 2

It's interesting that we're going to see 600m-DOM grosser more often than 2BN-WW ones. I mean, I think a lot of us would believed the other around due to the big expansion of the OS market during recent years.

Just goes to show how big Titanic was internationally. Nothing has touched its 1.2 billion overseas gross besides Avatar, and it did that in 1998. 

Edited by Fanboy
  • Like 3

Think JW might not beat Avengers now, Titanic is definitely off the table.

137789328_Kobe_U_Mad.jpeg

JW will be at 550/560m by next sunday

590/593m by sunday 12

610/613m by sunday 19

622/625m by sunday 26

more or less, TA is toast

say it again? : it's a F.... WE cash eater

Edited by TacoBell

LOL, It's funny to see some predict "crumbling" for JW every time it does just good and not out-of-this-world amazing. 

It's been underpredicted at every turn, no surprise to see people jump the gun and say it won't reach this or that milestone.

This movie keeps feeding people crow. It's fun.

137789328_Kobe_U_Mad.jpeg

JW will be at 550/560m by next sunday

590/593m by sunday 12

610/613m by sunday 19

622/625m by sunday 26

more or less, TA is toast

say it again? : it's a F.... WE cash eater

$700M dom will be sweet though...

Titanic still likely to happen IMHO. I think it gets to 665+. One thing it has absolutely proven so far is you can forget about comparing it to summer weekday monsters like TDK or DMC. It simply isn't performing like those movies. Far more of a weekend movie, which is a surprise.

I agree. 665 to 675 is the target now. 

• Like 1

JW is on pace to overtake Titanic DOM, unfortunately.

I don't like re-releases, so I don't think that extra $58m tacked on to Titanic matters. The movie sold over 120 million tickets in its original run to $600m. It's the greatest single box office run ever by a long shot. No amount of inflation or 3D or IMAX or anything else for all the new movies (including Avatar I might add) will change that. Titanic still the champ until proven otherwise.

It just grossed $2.5m more than Avengers in Day 19 for both of them and you think it's only making another $85m when Avengers grossed another $155m from here?

Agree. And JW made $506M on it's 18th day.

Avengers made $463M on it's 18th day. So...nope....do not see JW below Avengers at this point.