BadAtGender

Tuesday - IO 8.8, JW 7.4, Ted2 3.8 - Gopher Shoots and Scores!

Monsters University had a bigger Monday than IO but a smaller Tuesday. Weird.

Although DM2 opened on MU's second Wednesday so IO should continue to have bigger dailies from now on.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 1

Seems like anything under 3m would be bad for TG, right?

I guess if it's around there, that's on par with TS and up from MM, which would make sense for both.

San Andreas and Fury Road had 3.1 and 3.7 million previews. I was hoping that Terminator will end up somewhere between the two.

• Like 3

Monsters University had a bigger Monday than IO but a smaller Tuesday. Weird.

Although DM2 opened on MU's second Wednesday so IO should continue to have bigger dailies from now on.

Inside Out was doing huge business at my local theater yesterday. I think I saw 4 sold out shows. If Terminator Genisys or Magic Mike don't hit the 40/60s range this weekend. I think Inside Out wins the weekend. Edited by gb0708
  • Like 2

I hope so. Like I said last night. My theater was packed with over 300 people for Terminator Genisys at 7pm. So I can't imagine it's doing that poorly.

Both did pretty poorly at my theater I think. I work at a big theater but T5 only got less than 100 for IMAX at 7 (less than 1/5th capacity). The busiest it got today was a special screening of T5 for some company. Aside from that both were beat by JW.

Why'd you have to make things personal. LOL.

Look Bishop for once in your life just do the right thing and believe it will pass Avengers....and then open Paddock 9.  :)

• Like 4

Both did pretty poorly at my theater I think. I work at a big theater but T5 only got less than 100 for IMAX at 7 (less than 1/5th capacity). The busiest it got today was a special screening of T5 for some company. Aside from that both were beat by JW.

Obvious bomb is obvious.

JW will obviously be the higher grossing film for Tuesday.

Packed some places and not others. Is probably why both will do around 3 million in pre shows instead of big numbers.

Edited by gb0708

Disney will win the year. Still has ANT-MAN, THE GOOD DINOSAUR and the tiny movie called STAR WARS: TFA.

2 weeks of SW. Universal is nearly $300 million ahead with JW having over $100 million left in the tank and everything from Minions to Trainwreck to Straight Outta Compton to Everest and Crimson Peak left.

It's too early to tell, but I don't think The Good Dinosaur is gonna break out.

Between Minions and Ant-Man, Minions will make more.

I think Universal has this, even with two weeks of SW.

Depends on what you mean by breakout for The Good Dinosaur, if you mean 300M than I agree with you, if you mean like 240M than I can see happening

• Like 1

It's too early to tell, but I don't think The Good Dinosaur is gonna break out.

Between Minions and Ant-Man, Minions will make more.

I think Universal has this, even with two weeks of SW.

Pixar films always make 200 M (post-A BUG'S LIFE and excluding CARS II).

• Like 1

Pixar films always make 200 M (post-A BUG'S LIFE and excluding CARS II).

IDK, maybe I'll change my mind on this as it gets closer, but I haven't seen even a tiny bit of interest in that movie from anyone I know.

Then again there doesn't seem to be a better time to release a dinosaur movie...

2 weeks of SW. Universal is nearly $300 million ahead with JW having over $100 million left in the tank and everything from Minions to Trainwreck to Straight Outta Compton to Everest and Crimson Peak left.

You are right. I have just seen Universal's future releases. Disney only has 4. Universal still has 12. lol

Inside Out was doing huge business at my local theater yesterday. I think I saw 4 sold out shows. If Terminator Genisys or Magic Mike don't hit the 40/60s range this weekend. I think Inside Out wins the weekend.

I'm not sold on it winning the weekend. Its Saturday drop will be rough.