Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

LOL wut. A sequel has already been announced.

Not officially, there was talk but nothing from the studio yet.

It's not greenlighted yet.

Trust me, I am scouring the net everyday for proof. 

Disney is going to make a big comeback in Marvel with

ANT-MAN

NO, wait for it

BLACK PANTHER

finally we can have a person of color as the main superhero

GO MARVEL

I am excited about this one.

So if Jurassic World suddenly climbs up back to the top Universal would have 11 weeks and since Minions will for sure it would be the first they've been 5 consecutive weeks in a row since the 80's.

Is it raining in the East coast right now? That might help theaters there.

I never understand how weather affects movies. I've heard of inclement weather helping movies, and hurting movies. I've heard of heat waves hurting movies in Europe, which doesn't make sense because you'd think people would go to the movies for the air conditioning. (Or are movies too expensive these days to use as a place to get out of the heat?)

Overheard from some adult women at a 4th of July party, discussing MMXXL: "Too much plot." (Though actually, they may have been talking about the first, they may have been discussing that they were going to see MMXXL later.)

Edited by TServo2049

I never understand how weather affects movies. I've heard of inclement weather helping movies, and hurting movies. I've heard of heat waves hurting movies in Europe, which doesn't make sense because you'd think people would go to the movies for the air conditioning. (Or are movies too expensive these days to use as a place to get out of the heat?)

I was more talking about how families couldn't set off their fireworks on July 4th, so they go to the theater instead. Weather would have a much bigger impact today. ;)

Overheard from some adult women at a 4th of July party, discussing MMXXL: "Too much plot." (Though actually, they may have been talking about the first, they may have been discussing that they were going to see MMXXL later.)

Wow, women are just as shallow as men when it comes to movies. :ph34r:

Any news yet out of curiosity?

If the pace stays the same I'd say 9.7 for JW and 9.1 for IO. But it's early so I wouldn't take much out of that, except that male-driven movies matinee-wise have been holding better than female/family driven ones (Mike's weekend multiplier is gonna be outrageous).

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2